Saturday, July 30, 2011

Emilia's review on Possession

Possession
Author: Elana Johnson
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Release Date: June 7, 2011
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 416
Source: Pulse It
Series: Possession series Book One
The Other Books: Surrender
Buy at: Amazon

Control, or be controlled.

Vi knows the rule: Girls don’t walk with boys, and they never even think about kissing them. But no one make Vi want to break the rules more than Zenn . . . and since the Thinkers may have brainwashed the rest of the population, but Vi is determined to think for herself.


But the Thinkers are unusually persuasive, and they’re set on convincing Vi to become one of them . . . starting by brainwashing Zenn. Vi can’t leave Zenn in the Thinkers’ hands, but she’s wary of joining the rebellion, especially since that means teaming up with Jag. Jag is egotistical, charismatic, and dangerous—everything Zenn’s not. Vi can’t quite trust Jag and can’t quite resist him, but she also can’t give up on Zenn.


This is a game of control or be controlled. And Vi has no choice but to play.



●●●●●●●●

Rating – 4/5 stars

Judge the Cover – The cover with the trapped butterfly made me think of someone being trapped with no chance escaping. But then you see the ice cube melting, and you know there is some chance of escape.

Selecting – I got to read this for free on Pulse It. The cover and summary seemed interesting. I am just sad that I put it aside for so long. I should have read this sooner.

Review – There was so much in this book; Adventure, romance, and so many unanswered questions. In honesty, I was totally confused in the beginning. I didn’t quite understand why Violet was going to jail, when all she did, was break a couple of rules. As you continued to read, you understand she leaves in a controlled community. There are these directors that control the people of their lands through transmissions and mind control.

So, if you don’t like science fiction, you might not like this book. There are so many things in this book that is advance technology. And with our advances in this area, I can see this being our future in a way.

Anyways, so she and Jag both get stuck in jail in the same cell. There is more to them but I don’t want to ruin the book by giving it away. They are definitely gifted. Because of these gifts, there are many people that are interested in them. Especially Violet, her powers exceeds many others.

Then there’s the romance. At first, she can’t deny her feelings towards Zenn, and then she’s crushing on Jag. Which, I know is true to any girl or boy; sometimes you fall in love with more than one person. It just happens. I like Violet’s and Jag’s romance for each other. They are both stubborn in some ways, but they do have deep feelings for each other.

The ending confused me. I wanted something more clarification about what was going on at the end. I wasn’t totally satisfied. Although, I just heard there is going to be sequel so hopefully that will clear it up.

Best Character – Jag, I just love a bad boy. But that’s not all; he seemed to care not only for Violet, but others too. He risked his life to save all of people. Not only him either, as you will see he is working with others.

Worst Character – I really can’t say. I guess the Mechs, which are robots, they seemed to get on everyone’s nerves.

Favorite Part – The first time Violet breaks out of her tech-cuffs, I knew there was more to the situation then soap and water. Also, when Violet went through the tunnels, I just couldn’t stop smiling at her agitation.

Author’s NEWS – Elana Johnson does have a sequel coming out which is supposed to be titled Fugitive. Although, titles are in subject to change until they get published. It’s supposed to be set in the same world but from a different point of view. How will that play out?? I don’t know.


Edit 8/3/2011: The title was changed to Surrender. It is still set in the same world, but has different set of characters.


No comments:

Post a Comment