Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (01)



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, host by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following.



Teaser Tuesdays asked you to:

  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page
  • Share with us two (2) "teaser" sentences from that page, somewhere between the lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you're getting your "teaser" from ... that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

Hey everyone, it's Teaser Tuesdays! On the Story Seekers, we thought we would all give you a little teaser from the books that we read this week. Just a few sentences, or a paragraph, from the book. We picked the pages at random, and picked something that we thought was interesting.






Emilia’s Teaser from 

Jael loves thunderstorms. She can't say why, exactly. Maybe it's yet another weird demon thing her father never bothered to explain. But there's just something about thunderstorms that she finds soothing. And even though it rains nearly nonstop from October to May in Seattle, thunderstorms happen only once or twice a year. This storm, on this day, almost feels like a birthday present.









Sarah’s Teaser from 

I should have turned my attention to Mark, but instead I watched Tristan's backside every step he took from the bleachers to the refreshment stand. It was a nice view. And besides, I was only looking. What was wrong with that?










Gabrielle's Teaser from

She loved me for the dangers I had passed,
And I loved her that she did pity them.

As he said the last two lines his eyes locked with mine and, just like in the hall the day before, it seemed as if there was no one else in the room – no one else in the world.












Alice’s Teaser from 

“Yes, but a poison to destroy other poisons,” Polidori said. And then he must have seen the uncertain look on my face, for he added, “Healing is a complicated business. To heal, sometimes we must harm the body, but hope that the overall effect is beneficial.”









Danny's Teaser from 

Lena looked up at Marian, shoving the dusty book back on the shelf. “The Casters in our family, we’re still in a war, aren’t we?”

Marian looked at her sadly. “A House Divided, that’s what President Lincoln called it. And yes, Lena, I’m afraid you are.”









Ivy’s Teaser from 

I’d figured “rehab” would be this blank, cavernous space of time in London’s mind, like how when someone overdoses they’re not yet dead but the next step to it, and so there’s nothing to remember. But London remembered. Did this mean she hadn’t ever been dead?



7 comments:

  1. Wow so many wonderful teasers! There are a lot of books here that I want to check out. Tris and Izzie is on my nook, I really need to get to it.

    Hope you have a wonderful week, Here is my teaser, from Going Bovine. I hope you will visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all great teasers. I have only read Marked and Beautiful Creatures but the others are going on my wishlist. My teasers are from Supernaturally by Kiersten White and Simply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the awesome teasers! I can't wait to read Imaginary Girls and Beautiful Creatures. Happy Reading
    Ange @ the Moonlight Reader
    My Teaser: http://ange-moonlightreader.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday-18.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting teasers!
    so manu great books.
    Have a wonderfull tuesday.
    Kyanara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for the comment, and we checked your great teasers also. Hopefully, we can get to your books as soon as we finished ours.

    Happy Teaser Tuesday and continue to read!

    -Alice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great teasers! Thanks for sharing. Mine is from CHICKS KICK BUTT this week. You can find it here: http://christinerains-writer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many great teasers! The only one I've read is Marked. Thanks for sharing! Thanks for stopping by The Bookish Babes!
    (Love your blog, I followed)

    ReplyDelete