Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (02)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, host by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following.

Teasers Tuesdays asked you to:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) "teaser" sentences from that page, somewhere between the lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you're getting your "teaser" from ... that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

Hey everyone, it's Teaser Tuesdays! On the Story Seekers, we thought we would all give you a little teaser from the books that we read this week. Just a few sentences, or a paragraph, from the book. We picked the pages at random, and picked something that we thought was interesting





Emilia's Teaser from


The rest of the day went by without any more incidents. No more daydreams, I told myself firmly. My nightmares were scary enough and I had no desire to have them while awake. The memory  of what I had experienced during history was fresh in my mind and stung like a paper cut; the episode fluttered around school, so by last period I was already known as that chick who fell on her ass during class. I’d have to move away. Probably to Alaska.




Sarah's Teaser from

A sharp blade of sadness goes through me, deep and quick. I guess it was bound to happen eventually. I’ve always known it would. Everyone you trust, everyone you think you can count on, will eventually disappoint you. When left to their own devices, people lie and keep secrets and change and disappear, some behind a different face or personality, some behind a dense early morning fog, beyond a cliff. That’s why the cure is so important. That’s why we need it.








Gabrielle's Teaser from


The moment I saw Asher in homeroom on Monday, my face flushed embarrassingly and goose bumps trailed all the way down my arms. I looked away quickly. After my dream, I just couldn’t face him. I didn’t remember what he had whispered to me—only the feeling that had lingered afterward. Only the memory of his lips as they barely grazed my skin.










Alice's Teaser from



The name is so familiar to me.
Sometimes I think the name was once mine. I can close my eyes and conjure such sweet, simple scenes: a girl and a boy, lying together in the meadow grass of a sheep-dotted field. Gazing into each other’s eyes, fingers entwined. Two children, playing at love.






Danny's Review from



Privately, Karen suspected that Liesl was a ghost, as she was very superstitious. Everyone was superstitious in those times of grayness and dark, when the sun had long ago stopped shining, and the color had slowly drained from the world.
True, Karen did not know of any ghosts who ate, and Liesl was always cleaning her plate of whatever food was placed there, no matter how disgusting or half-rotten.




Ivy's Teaser from



“You make me sound like a superhero.”
“Maybe you are. And your secret identity is Charlotte Cassidy—fashion victim. You’re like a hot Peter Parker.”
I laugh, but inside I’m miserable. I want the Need to work for her. For my family. Monroe called this a blessing, but it feels more like a curse.

1 comment:

  1. These teasers are amazing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete