Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (03)


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, host by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following.

Teaser Tuesdays asked you to:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) "teaser" sentences from that page, somewhere between the lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you're getting your "teaser" from ... that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

Hey everyone, it's Teaser Tuesdays! We, the Story Seekers, will each give you a little teaser. Not a big one like the last couple of TTs but we will do the same. Pick a random page and give you something interesting. We are also listing all of the links to Goodreads, so you can check out the reviews and information about the book. Here are our teasers for this week. 




Emilia's Teaser from


"You are wrong, Travis. You are wrong." I ball my hands into fists and punch his chest. "I don't know why you're telling me such stories but you are wrong."


He takes my hands in his own, curling his fingers around my fists. "She told me that if I allowed you to go to the ocean I would never see you again."






Sarah's Teaser from


"Well, you have to care about it just the littlest bit," I say. "Can you at least do that? I don't know what's so hard in your life that you can't just do your part of the project."


I don't know why I said that. My whole plan was getting Chelsea to like me, and getting her friends to realize I'm cool and like me, too. Criticizing people never really gets them to like you.



Gabrielle's Teaser from

Shay took a hesitant step toward us. His eyes fixed on me, mesmerized. I shuddered and shoved the remainder of my sandwich into the brown paper bag.


Sabine snickered. "My, my, that's a love-struck gaze if I've ever seen one. It looks like the newbie has a crush on Calla. Isn't that sweet? Poor little human."






Alice's Teaser from
"You see, it's . . . it's very complicated," I said in a low voice.


I didn't consciously think Either I trust him or I stop, but I must have decided. I pulled my hand away and faced the empty side of the booth. I gripped the soda glass in both hands. The cold is numbing.


"Elaine is..."




Danny's Teaser from

It was Pa's knife, all right. He could see the finely etched rendering of the Nightbird, her bowsprit riding far above the surf.

That dirty dog Fortuna. He'd gone and sold the contents of Lucky's duffle.






Ivy's Teaser from
"But you're not here," he says, a low whisper. "You're not here so much, Wren. I need you here, I keep telling you, when you're not here I can't think, Wren, I can't, it's all cloudy, and I see the tree, and I smell the smoke, and I can't think--"


My hand is shaking when I reach up to touch his mouth, stopping the furious flow of words. He's trembling, too, something fierce and frantic coursing through him, and I have to stop this, I have to do something.

12 comments:

  1. I love all the teasers! Super nice choices =) I have Nightshade but I haven't finish it. I want Cold Kiss! it's on my TBR for a while now and so wanting to read it! I specifically like the teaser from The Forest of Hands and Teeth. I haven't read that book but the teaser is so sweet...

    Thanks for visiting my blog today and for the follow =) I'm following! I love your blog too... it's pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderfull teasers!
    Those are some amazing books
    Have a great tuesday
    Kyanara from Laced Little Muffin's Reading Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the teasers! Some of them were amazing books :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. We'll make sure to check out your teasers also. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great teasers! they look like good books too. here's mine:
    http://thisishowitssupposedtobe.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesdays-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. great teasers, sounds good.

    here's mine:

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, new follower! Nice teasers! I can't wait to read The Forest of Hands and Teeth! You can find my teaser here: Pawing Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. Think I'd like Nightshade or chasing the Nightbird best out of these.

    Here's ours: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/08/tuesday-teaser-ready-player-one-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. AH!! Cold Kiss is such an amazing book!! <3

    ugh...i hate Shay from Nightshade.....TEAM REN!!

    Annnnd i need to check out The Forest of Hands and Teeth...i think i may already love Travis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your teaser Tuesday pictures!!!! It is gorgeous! Hope you will stop by my teaser at http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

    Sincerely,
    Emma Michaels

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, great teasers! First of all, I can't wait to read The Forest of Hands and Teeth myself! It seems really awesome. I hope it is too!

    And then yay on the Nightshade one! I absolutely loved that novel and the second one (which I have a teaser from this week) was even better. Can't wait for the third book!

    My teaser can be found here!

    Rebecca
    Kindle Fever

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for all the great comments, and we will check out all of your teasers soon. I know they will be great :). Happy reading everyone!

    Gaby

    ReplyDelete