Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (04)



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, host by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following.

Teaser Tuesdays asked you to:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) "teaser" sentences from that page, somewhere between the lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you're getting your "teaser" from ... that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

Hey everyone, it's Teaser Tuesdays! We, the Story Seekers, will each give you a little teaser from our current reads this week. Here are our teasers. This week, we have mostly old books. The reason for this is because we just bought a ton of books. We just wanted to read from our own selection before getting back to reviewing ARCs.


Gabrielle didn't finish Nightshade, so she's doing another teaser from the book. We try not to rush ourselves into reading and reviewing books because we like taking time enjoying the many stories we get to read. But it's from Nightshade, so who can complained? We enjoy the Andrea Cremer's series.






Emilia's Teaser from
Never Have I Ever by Sara Shepard

A line from Hamlet caught Emma’s eye, sending a chill up her spine.

One may smile, and smile, and be a villain.

It made me shiver, too. Charlotte and Mads were in the clear, but my killer was still out there—smiling, watching, lurking, waiting.






Sarah's Teaser from

Cursing under my breath, I blinked.

Someone was there.

Fractioned by the slits of the shutter, I saw a boy peering back at me. Soulful eyes, a scar etched across his forehead. Our eyes met for a second.






Gabrielle's Teaser from

"I thought you two seemed to be getting along rather well at Eden. He's a great dancer. Isn't he, Ansel?"

She winked at my brother, who snickered.

I glared at each of them in turn. "I am NOT meeting Ren."







Alice's Review from

Finley inched forward on the cushions until she was perched on the edge of her seat. She forced herself to meet his gaze and not look away, not even to blink. “Then perhaps you’d tell him that if he ever tries to force himself upon another girl, I’ll kill him.”





Danny's Teaser from

"Keep hold of him while I inform the headmistress," Emma said to Millard, and I felt his hand grasp my elbow. When she left, it fell away.

“You’re not afraid I’ll eat your brain or something?” I asked him.

“Not particularly.”





Ivy's Teaser from

Buried almost completely in the mud lay the trampled remains of a single peach-colored rose. Sonny plucked a bruised petal and held it up before his eyes. The script. The girl from the Shakespeare Garden.

His firecracker.

Kelley. . .




8 comments:

  1. Nice teaser everyone!! And WoW there is a bunch of you isn't there?!? LOLz Love the header as well!

    New follower here...

    Come...let me Tease you! And while your there don't forget to sign up for our Trick-or-Treat blog hop, or to win a signed copy of Heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of those teasers - and what wonderful taste you have, I have all of but one those either in my TBR pile or read. lol I really can't wait to dive into Miss Peregrine's, it's totally outside of my normal genre.

    My teaser this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Teasers, especially like the Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar children one. New Follower and thanks for visiting my blog. =]
    thebookshelfreview.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. woa, loving all the teasers. they're all great! I've got most of these on my TBR list too. This post just makes me want to read them all now.

    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments everyone! We already check out most of yours but Barbara we'll go check out yours soon. Happy Tuesday everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute blog.
    The first one really tempts me to go looking for the book.
    The one from The Girl in the Steel Corset sounds great too.
    And I like the last one too.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Followed back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these!

    Checked these out from your comment on my blog - Thanks :)

    My TT is here

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many great teasers! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my post.

    ReplyDelete