Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (05)



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, host by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following.

Teaser Tuesdays asked you to:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) "teaser" sentences from that page, somewhere between the lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you're getting your "teaser" from ... that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

Hey everyone, it's Teaser Tuesdays! We, the Story Seekers, will each give you a little teaser from our current reads this week.


This week we have a little bit of both. We have some ARCs that need to be reviewed so, we getting back to doing that. I think we have 8 books, that are ARCs, that we need to review this month, so we are almost done. 


Some are a little bit long then two sentences, but I guess some rules were meant to broken. Here are our teasers for the week!






Emilia's Teaser from

Amila screamed, her wail chilling Mishalla to the bone. She ran for the playroom, but before she could reach the little girl, two Brigade enforcers shoved Mishalla to the wall.


They were so close to her, she could smell their stale sweat. The names on their tags blurred. Guntram. Frej.




Sarah's Teaser from

Somehow, she had fallen out of the sky and survived. She really was a monster. A freak. Maybe even a witch. She started to cry.

"Don't be scared," Lucas managed to say in one try. "Pain will pass."

"Should be dead," she whined quietly through her liquefied jaw. "What's wrong with me?"





Gabrielle's Teaser from

Besides, why would Brandon have feelings for me? I was just some girl he heard crying in the woods and decided to help her. I could have been anyone. But when we held hands and he smiled at me, I felt a connection that I'd never experienced before.




Alice's Teaser from

I try to squirm or cry out or kick something, but my body won’t obey. Desperation swells my lungs, hot and thick. You can’t take me away, I sob, somewhere deep inside the unresponsive carcass that is my body. You can’t! Alejandro is finally going to marry me.

Someone mutters something about an oasis, and the voices break into laughter again. It has a giddy ring to it, a ring of triumph.




Danny's Teaser from

“I’m sorry, Sasha. I was hoping you and I. . .that we could. . .look, I suck at this, okay? All I know for sure is that I like you and I won’t try to make you forget anything again.”

“Why should I believe you?”

He looked away from her, toward the ski run. “You probably shouldn’t.” 



Ivy's Teaser from



I knew it was dangerous to drive when I was so upset and barely able to see out of my blurry eyes. But who cares, I thought—if I crashed they'd all realize how much I meant to them.


As the thought flitted through my mind, I realized how petty and small of me it was to think that way. Not just that, but how screwed up it was to be that person.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, someone is reading The Mephisto Covenant! :D I am so anxious for that to come out. The rest of those books look lovely too. Looks like I'll need to do even more Amazon / GoodReads research tonight. So many books, so little time.

    By the way, I think your setup for this is unique and very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, lots of teasers here to read. I liked the first and last one best.

    We have 3 this week, all different: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/09/tuesday-teasers.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of great teasers! I want to read Starcrossed! Thanks for stopping by!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kathy, thank you, we worked so hard since blog designing is new to us.

    Thanks for the comments. We will make sure to check yours out if we haven't already. <3 Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Teasers. Thanks for visiting my blog earlier. =]
    thebookshelfreview.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teasers! I really want to read THE GIRL OF FIRE AND THORNS. Hope you all enjoy your reading.
    My Teaser is from HOLD ME CLOSER, NECROMANCER.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice teasers! The Girl of Fire and Thorns & Tankborn look good :)
    Thanks for dropping by my blog, new follower ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all fabulous teasers.


    My TT: Real Men Will by Victoria Dahl

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm reading Girl of Fire and Thorns right now too! I'm loving it! Hope you are too =) Reminds me a little of the Princess Bride.

    ReplyDelete