Friday, October 14, 2011

Danny's Review on Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy
Author: Kiersten White
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: August 31, 2010
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 335
Source: Bought
Series: Paranormalcy series Book One
The Other Books: Supernaturally, Endlessly
Extras: Trailer
Buy at: Amazon

Weird as it is working for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, Evie’s always thought of herself as normal. Sure, her best friend is a mermaid, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she's falling for a shape-shifter, and she's the only person who can see through paranormals' glamours, but still. Normal.

Only now paranormals are dying, and Evie's dreams are filled with haunting voices and mysterious prophecies. She soon realizes that there may be a link between her abilities and the sudden rash of deaths. Not only that, but she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal.

●●●●●●●●

Rating – 5/5 stars

Judge the Cover 
– Love the cover! All I can think is… oooh pretty.

Selecting – We are reading all the books for the Pitch Dark Tour, and before reading Supernaturally, I have to start from the beginning.

Review – Oh my gosh, where to begin. Kiersten has written a book that is truly so much fun to read. I don’t know how to do this book justice by writing a review. I will just make a list of things I like about the book.

First, Evie. She’s strong, funny, sassy, and such a relatable girl. She has her moments of emotions that pulled me in. She was lonely and confused, but she pulled through. She has this awesome pink taser that is her weapon of choice. That’s right a taser. Brilliant!

She’s is stuck working for International Paranormal Containment Agency. She’s need them and they need her. The reason they need her is because she can she through paranormals glamours. This unique gift protects her because she can see through any paranormal, and use her taser on them. Then she tags with ankle bracelets, so the IPCA can keep track of them.

Second, Lend. He breaks into the IPCA. Then my world brightens up. Lend is different then any other paranormal Evie has ever tagged. He can switch into different forms camouflaging his true appearance. Of course, Evie can see his true form.

Third, this is paranormal creatures galore. This book has vampires, werewolves, faeries, shapeshifter, elmentals, and one mermaid that touched my heart. Even though most of them are not the main characters, they still are fun to read.

Things begin to change though. Paranormals are dying and no one knows how. Evie begins to find out what she really is, and begins to question where she belongs. This is the story. You get to travel along with Evie’s struggles and as for me; I truly loved every single second of it. I even got teary eyed at some points.

Kiersten White, you have a life long fan!!! I’m so jealous Emilia and Gabrielle get to meet you, and not me.

Supernaturally review is to come soon.

Favorite Character – Tish, you will forever be my favorite character. I bleeping love you.

Least Favorite Character – Reth. He kind of scares me, like, a lot. I know he’s beautiful, but he’s more like a beautiful nightmare.


Favorite Part – I don’t know how I will be able to list my favorite part. There is so many good ones. Hmm, I think I really love just any moments between Evie and Lend.



Author’s NEWS  The sequel to this is Supernaturally, and Endlessy is planned for a 2012 release. Can’t wait :D.



1 comment:

  1. Great review. I really enjoyed this book too. It is absolutely hilarious! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. See my review: http://seeitorreadit.blogspot.com/2011/10/paranormalcy-by-kiersten-white.html

    ReplyDelete