Monday, October 17, 2011

Danny's Review on Supernaturally

Supernaturally
Author: Kiersten White
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: July 26, 2011
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 336
Source: Bought
Series: Paranormalcy series Book Two
The Other Books: Paranormalcy, Endlessly
Extras: Trailer, Pitch Dark Tour
Buy at: Amazon

Evie finally has the normal life she’s always longed for. But she’s shocked to discover that being ordinary can be . . . kind of boring. Just when Evie starts to long for her days at the International Paranormal Containment Agency, she’s given a chance to work for them again. Desperate for a break from all the normalcy, she agrees.

But as one disastrous mission leads to another, Evie starts to wonder if she made the right choice. And when Evie’s faerie ex-boyfriend Reth appears with devastating revelations about her past, she discovers that there’s a battle brewing between the faerie courts that could throw the whole supernatural world into chaos. The prize in question? Evie herself.

So much for normal.

●●●●●●●●


Rating – 5/5 stars


Judge the Cover – Just as pretty as the first. This one though makes me think of the Faerie Realm.

Selecting – As I said before, I am supposed to review this for the Pitch Dark Tour. I read the first book and fell in love. Now my heart has grown even more for this series because of this book. I LOVE KIERSTEN WHITE!

Review  ((Just one thing. There’s another boy in this book. All I want to say is. I KNEW IT! If you read the book, you will know what I mean.))

Anyways, if I thought the first book was hard to review, this one is even harder. I am literally speechless and giddy. I know I said I really didn’t like paranormal romances, or anything romance for that matter, Kiersten has changed my mind. Now I am going to have to change my bio.

Now let’s see if I can write this with some justice for the book, and without giving anything big away.

First off, Evie. Ah what can I say about her? The first book, she was so much fun to read. She was sassy, funny, and strong. She had some struggles but she thought her life was going to get better. But, nope.

Her life just gets more complicated. She is now in a high school, and working her way to getting into college with Lend, her paranormal boyfriend. She wants a life with him and she works hard to get to that life. But school turns out to be boring, no surprise there, right? She has a job at the paranormal diner, taking out the trash and cleaning. Not exactly the happily ever after she pictured it to be.

In this book, there are more struggles. She is keeping a big secret from Lend. Let’s just say he’s going to live for a very long time. IPCA has come back to ask for her help in some jobs, which doesn’t help her and Lend’s relationship.

AND THERE’S EVEN MORE FAERIE TROUBLE.

I can tell you this though. Even though she did struggled, because of the struggles, she finds out what’s important. She will not be what everyone expects her out to be. She has a home and people that care. All in all, she knows what’s important in her life. She just had to go through hell to get to this point.

Also, Kiersten at the Boulder Pitch Dark stop, gave Emilia, Gabrielle, and some others a little snippet of ENDLESSLY. From what I heard, Evie’s life is only going to get more complicated. (*whispers* There might be a dragon involved.)

Favorite Character – Evie is my favorite character in this one. Vivian would also be my favorite, in this book she kind of got to me.

Least Favorite Character – Uber-vamp, he’s really scary.

Favorite Part 
– Evie gets stuck somewhere and she has to go through a lot to find her way out. All time favorite part to read.


Author’s NEWS  ENDLESSLY. 2012. CANT. WAIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment