Monday, October 3, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (06)


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, host by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following.

Teaser Tuesdays asked you to:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) "teaser" sentences from that page, somewhere between the lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you're getting your "teaser" from ... that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

Hey everyone, it's Teaser Tuesdays! We, the Story Seekers, will each give you a little teaser from our current reads this week.



Okay, so we haven't done this in awhile but we are working on a whole bunch things. This month we have our October giveaway, and then a Zombie Takeover game. Each of those giveaways have some great books so, go check them out. We also have a lot of ARCs that need to reviewed so, this week we are getting that done. But on the side, these are the books we are reading this week.




Emilia's Teaser from

It took a couple more hours, but eventually sleep won, and I drifted off despite the ungodly noise and vibration. Everything would be better tomorrow, I thought: a new day, a new dawn. It would have to be better than this.

I was wrong. There was no dawn the next day.


Sarah's Teaser from

She watched as Daniel bowed his head so his nose was nearly touching hers. She could feel his breath on her face. She could smell a hint of sweetness on his skin.

He did as she asked. He looked her in the eye and said, very slowly, very clearly, so that his words could not possibly be misunderstood:

"You have never in your life seen me before this week."



Gabrielle's Teaser from

"What?" I asked in alarm.

"It's your life line," the woman said, her eyes wide with alarm. "I've never seen anything like it before."

"What about my life line?" I asked impatiently.

"My dear"--Angela's voice dropped to a mere whisper--"you don't have one."



Alice's Teaser from

With a shaking hand, I pull the door open, so slowly that it seems to take forever. No movement. No sound. So, I dart out, thinking to run for the door that leads to the hallway and do whatever I can for myself--

--and I jerk to a halt within two steps.

Lying on the floor, entirely naked, perfectly formed, and dazed nearly to the point of unconsciousness, is Alec Marlowe.




Danny's Teaser from

The leader stood right in front of my face. I tried to look at his glamour, just his glamour, but the pure white eyes starring at me from sunken sockets were all I could focus on. He smiled. I wanted to cry.

My rescue would come too late.





Ivy's Teaser from

She was only vaguely aware of Navin beside her, breathing heavily and too fast. She felt a stab of sympathy for him as he tried to make sense of the impossibility standing right in front of him. 

The creature opened it's lipless mouth, a dark slash across its twisted face. 

3 comments:

  1. Well just great! Now I want to read every single one of these books! Thanks for sharing.

    Here is mine for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, all are great teasers! I especially love the one of Ashfall though! It definitely gives a bit of a creepy feel to it...

    My teaser is from the wonderful and mysterious novel The Night Circus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Amazing teaser :D The Ashfall and Fateful teaser were so intriguing!!
    My TT: http://thebookfaerie.blogspot.com/2011/10/teaser-tuesdays-6.html

    ReplyDelete