Monday, October 17, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (07): Special Seeker - Emilia

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, host by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following.

Teaser Tuesdays asked you to:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) "teaser" sentences from that page, somewhere between the lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you're getting your "teaser" from ... that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

Hey everyone, it's Teaser Tuesdays! Gabrielle here, and I have a very special teaser for you guys. Something really special to us. Emilia Sherman is a self-published author and a very shy one at that. She doesn't show her work to a lot people but she does share it with us. We are trying to push her further because we know she will be a great writer.


So, if you want you can leave a comment. This little teaser is from her book Awake by Nightfall, which she is currently rewriting. But she gave us the most of the chapters to read so we can give her our feedback. Here is one of my favorite parts of her book. I know it's a long teaser but, it's really good.



Our Teaser from
Awake by Nightfall by Emilia Sherman

“Here, it didn’t work.” I toss his phone back to him.

Once he caught it, the lights went off. The music stopped, the sound from the speakers slowly weakening. People voices that were chattering and laughing, became whispers then silence. Everyone turned on their cell phones to see what was going on. Someone near me was flickering with the light switches. A guy downstairs yelled to turn on the lights. People began to laugh again.

I went to the banister to watch everyone downstairs. Their faces were glowing from the light of their phones. I could see their anxious looks on what was happening. The jock guy beside me was nervously tapping his phone against the banister. The same tapping noise I made in the classroom before I drifted off to sleep. Tap, tap.

The tapping slowly came to a stop. Just like that, the house got quiet again. I turned away from the bainster to head downstairs. Outside had to be better than this. Suddenly the guy beside me fell into me, his body weighing twice as mine, causing us both to fall into the ground. We made a loud thud, which then came the noise of me cursing at him. But after our thud, there came a lot of other thuds, simultaneously. I pushed the guy off of me and got up to see what happened.

The lights flickered back on.

My relief was overtaken by the horror I saw.

Every person’s body was on the ground.

Except mine.


This was our little surprise to Emilia. Emi, we love and support you. - Seekers Forever <3 :)

What do you guys think?


UPDATE: Emilia saw this when she posted her review for Eve. We got her good :D, because she called all of us on the phone. No one was answering her until I finally answered her call. She's happy but she's mostly surprised. Thank you everyone for all the comments!! She would have wrote a comment here but now she's busy working on finishing the novel. If we haven't checked out your teasers, we will get them soon! You guys just help motivate her to write more. THANK YOU! - Ivy

16 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to support your friend! Interesting teaser. It would certainly be terrifying to find yourself the only one left alive in a large group of people! Thanks for stopping by The Happy Booker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah! What happened?? So freaky! Haha, great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scary! Here is my teaser for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super nice thing to do for an author to show support for her book! Seriously awesome. Definitely an interesting teaser!

    Thanks for stopping by my site and leaving your teaser! I love discovering new blogs! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I want to know what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for commenting guys, this is going to make Emilia happy once she sees this! :).

    And you are not the only one that want to no what happens next. This is the last part she gave us, so we are all wondering.

    We will make sure to check out your teasers if we haven't already! - Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool.... now I want to know the context of it... nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice of you to do this!

    Great teaser, sounds like a good book!

    Here's ours: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/10/tuesday-teasers-books-by-burleigh-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to support your girl. Here's my Teaser Tues. from BUNHEADS by Sophie Flack. http://hilarywgraham.wordpress.com/2011/10/18/teaser-tuesday-bunheads-by-sophie-flack/

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's such a sweet way to support your friend. :)

    Love the teaser! I definitely want to know more.

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Amanda @ Letters Inside Out

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmm very interesting. ;o I'm definitely intrigued. Now I wanna know what's going on! So sweet to support her like this too! :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds scary! Sounds like a good book, but I don't think I can read it during the night... (I'm too chicken!) lol

    Thanks for stopping by at my blog today!

    April
    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such an amazing teaser. Sounds like this could be a real good book. :)

    Thanks for sharing,
    Carina @ Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am totally intrigued. Great teaser, I have to go look this book up now! Thanks for the visit and happy reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wait a second. I just reread your comment on the book and it isn't out yet!!?? Oh no! I think I need it now though! If your need a reviewer I would sooo love to be one. Just a thought. It sounds great and I can't wait to hear more about it.

    ReplyDelete