Monday, October 24, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays (08)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, host by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following.

Teaser Tuesdays asked you to:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) "teaser" sentences from that page, somewhere between the lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you're getting your "teaser" from ... that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

Time for our teaser tuesdays!! Six teasers from us, the Seekers. We had some really great reads this week. So, let's begin!





Emilia's ARC Teaser from

Psyche tore herself free, skittering back to her bench as if the stone would shield her. His heart nearly cramped as he felt her exposed fear. He yearned to sit beside her, pull her into his lap, soothe away her worries. He wanted nothing more than for them to be in love.



Sarah's Teaser from

"He asked about you," St. Clair continues. "Nice bloke."

"Huh," I finally manage.

"There's a story behind that huh," Anna says.


"There's no story," I say. "There is definitely NOT a story."



Gabrielle's Teaser from

"I think my sister is here. I can feel her. . . .She's looking for something."

Schuyler rushed to his side. "Then we'll go."

"No," Jack said. "Somehow I sense she's not here for me."





Alice's ARC Teaser from

"Pretty thing."

His image peeled from the canvas, and his body stepped down from his painting, down onto my bed, as if entering through a door. He fell upon me, and a hand like a claw closed over my throat.



Danny's Teaser from

"Pardon me, Sir Tode . . .but aren't knights trained to swim across moats and such things?"

"Indeed we are. However, I'm afraid I, er, can't paddle very well at the moment. You see, I'm also sort of a... kitten."

"You're a talking cat?!"



Ivy's Teaser from

"At two fifteen this morning," the inspector began soberly, "a body was found in your school green. We believe this relates to an ongoing investigation, which you are probably aware of..."

He didn't say "Ripper". He didn't need to.

9 comments:

  1. AHHH Destined and Darker Still!!!!! I can't wait to read Destined! That is a GREAT teaser, by the way. So sweet and romantic! Darker Still is so cool! I wanna know what happens next!

    And Lost in Time's so shrouded with mystery. Lol.

    Ok, I sound so overeager about this. Calm down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All good teasers here! I like Darker Still and Peter Nimble ones best.

    Here's ours--we have 3 this week AND a giveaway!
    http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/10/tuesday-teasers-wildwood-night.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments! Darker Still is one of our favorites this month. And Peter Nimble has lots of illustrations.

    We will check all of yours if we haven't already!

    -Emilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm wanting Destined so bad! That teaser..eeek!

    Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great collection of teasers - so much variety! Thanks for sharing. If you get a chance, my teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A nice mixture of teasers!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/teaser-tuesday_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teasers, I really want to read Darker Still, sorry about that, here's mine:
    http://wondrousreadings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete