Monday, October 24, 2011

Top Ten Tuesdays: Ten Best Halloween Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme started here at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they have a specific topic for a top ten list. This week is books that you should read on Halloween!


1. Anna Dressed in Blood (Goodreads)
       Okay, I haven't start this it yet but I'm going to start reading it soon for Halloween. If you want something, creepy than this one is sure to please. Just by the cover, you can tell that this is going to be creepy. I think I am going to read this on Halloween night.

2. Cold Kiss (Goodreads, Trailer)
      This one isn't really spooky, but it is a very haunting tale about love and moving on. Wren has brought back her boyfriend from the DEAD! How can that not be a great book to read on Halloween night!

3. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Goodreads, Trailer)
       In this book, Mara has a lot of strange things happening to her. She doesn't have any memories of how she ended up in the hospital. That right there builds the mystery!! I have yet to read this book but will start it this week. The cover is what brought me to the book. That is gorgeous and haunting!

4. Misfit (Goodreads)
     This book is about demons. Jael is a half-demon which hello sounds like, a very Halloween, creepy tale. Emilia and I have read this book, and loved it! Demons are a perfect paranormal creature for Halloween. 

5. Possess (Goodreads, Trailer)
      Another story with demons!! Except Bridget has the ability to banish them! Demons, again, are some creepy creatures that is a definitely a check to read on Halloween. Have you seen the demons on movies?! They are freaky and they control your body, and they don't care if they harm their host.

6. Witch Eyes (Goodreads, Trailer)
      Witchy, witchy, witch. Any story about a witch is a great choice for Halloween. Witch eyes is about a boy named Braden that haves the specialty to see the world for what it really is. Anything magically hidden, is visible to him. Great story can't wait for Demon Eyes!

7. Drink, Slay, Love (Goodreads)
    Okay so if you see the cover, you can tell the story is about a vampire. But in this story, the girl gets stab with a unicorn horn. How clever is that? There aren't many stories about unicorns! She also is in charge of bringing humans to a feast. High school students! I wonder how that will play out. I will read this one around Halloween also.

8. Fury (Goodreads, Trailer)
    This one, I just received and I want to read it so bad. If you haven't seen the trailer, you should check it out. There are these three girls that are mysterious and they also look kind of dangerous. I think just from the trailer you can tell this would be a very mystery type book. 

9. The Near Witch (Goodreads)
   Yet another witch story. First off, The Near Witch is actually a scary story told in the book. Scary story!! Check. Children start to disappear in the town. OoOoO creepy...  Check. I think this will be a perfect book for Halloween.

10. Beautiful Creatures (Goodreads, Trailer)
      Last but not definitely not least, if you haven't started the Caster Chronicles, what a perfect time to start on Halloween?! Just check out the trailer. Also, the sixteen moons song is pretty haunting also. I can't seem to find it but it would perfect to listen to on Halloween night. Also, Beautiful Creatures is told from Ethan's point of view. I love that!! Witches, demons, werewolves, and so many other paranormal creatures. This is the BOOK to read on Halloween!!

What's on your Top Ten Tuesdays!!!?

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful Creatures is an awesome choice! It's insanely creepy. And I'm totally looking forward to reading Drink. Slay. Love. It just looks really cool.

    My Top Ten list is over here if you'd like to stop by! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good picks. You're the second person I've seen to recommend Fury. I'm curious now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna Dressed in Blood is an excellent choice and one I forgot about entirely. Also I have been wanting to read Possess for a while. Definitely have to to check it out. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome list! A lot of those are on mine too :)

    My top ten is here if you'd like a look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A thousand times yes to Mara Dyer. No idea how that one slipped my mind when I was making my list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will comment on all of yours since I need some books to read this last week of October. Thanks for stopping by! -Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to admit that I didn't read any of these books! Although quite a few are on my TBR pile. I definitely love the covers.

    My TTT list for Halloween

    ReplyDelete