Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays (09)


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, host by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following.

Teaser Tuesdays asked you to:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) "teaser" sentences from that page, somewhere between the lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you're getting your "teaser" from ... that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!

Teaser Tuesdays are back. Here are Teasers for the week!



Emilia's ARC Teaser from

When their iridescent black wings flapped, they caught the moonlight in their feathers and it made the whole tree look as if it would life from the ground and drift into the night sky. The birds had gathered for a purpose that I didn't understand, but for some strange reason, I knew one thing.

They had come because of me.


Sarah's ARC Teaser from

Come and hear the siren's call
Keep mankind in fearful thrall
As long as sirens guard the sea 
All the waters shall be free!

Dosia, sitting beside Esmerine, squeezed her hand tight, and Esmerine knew she was thinking how wonderful it would be to be sirens together.



Gabrielle's Teaser from

I watched in amazement as the water took on a life of its own and followed the person as he walked along the wooden jetty and then moved out of sight behind a boat. I shrank back into the shadows of the yachts as he walked past.

"Adam," I breathed quietly, enjoying the tingling sensation that ran through me.



Alice's ARC Teaser from

Under the canopy of leaves, it grows cool. I pull my cloak closer, but it does nothing to warm me.

It is not that kind of chill.

Death is nearby. I feel it in my bones, the way an old sailor's aching joints warn him of a brewing storm.





Danny's ARC Teaser from

It was always like this the day after a hunt. I felt pain. I got tired. I needed to eat.

And I was anything but invincible.


Ivy's ARC Teaser from

"NO, the -- that!" she cried at another burst of light. "Right there!" She pounded her finger on the windowpane for emphasis, but Steve's face remained quizzical.

A chill ran through Lex's body. "Can't you see them?"

"I don't see anything but a massive car wreck and probably a lot of casualties."

6 comments:

  1. These all sound great, but I especially love the sound of Croak! :)
    Here’s my Teaser Tuesday post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like ON A DARK WING and GRAVE MERCY best, but all are good teasers!

    Here's ours: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/11/teaser-tuesdays-is-weekly-bookish-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all fantastic :) Probably looking forward to On a Dark Wing and Carrier the most. Hope you all are enjoying your books!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teasers! I haven't read these yet, but they are all definitely being added to my TBR list - thank you for sharing! :)

    Here's mine:
    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2011/11/teaser-tuesdays-and-new-cover-reveal.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many good teasers! Here's my teaser: http://danielleheartsbooks.blogspot.com/2011/11/teaser-tuesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete