Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Top Ten Tuesdays: Emotional Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme started here at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they have a specific topic for a top ten list. This week is books that got the waterworks flowing or just laugh so much. Sad books are the top 6, and the laughable books 7-9, and 10 is one of my childhood favorites.




1. Harry Potter series 1-7 by JK Rowling
    Do I really have to tell you when I cried. When Severus died, I cried. When Dumbledore died, I cried. When Dobby died, I BROKE OUT IN BIG TEARS! Why DOBBY!

2. Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
   I cried a lot when Rue dies, and this little youtube video didn't help get over my sadness. They did so an amazing job on that part. Ah *sniff*, it got to me all over again.

3. Hunger and Rage by Jackie Morse Kessler
    There weren't really any tears, but these books have a lot of emotions. They talk about some very touchy subjects, like anorexia and self-harm. Jackie does an amazing job on telling the story while mixing fantasy with it.

4. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
    Have you seen the movie?! I think they did amazing job, but if you haven't read the book yet what are you waiting for? This one was one of my biggest tear fests.

5. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
    Okay I admit I only saw the movie, but it was a emotional trip. If I do read the book I know it will be amazing.

6. Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey
    This book was one of the best books EVER! Darn you Ivy for giving me this one. I will never forgive you. Okay just kidding but this was a really hard book for me. Wren having to let go of Danny was not only hard on her but hard on me. I couldn't do it. I cried so much in the end, I just couldn't believe how much I did. 

7. Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riodian
    Okay this series can make me forget about crying. I love this series so much! They made me laugh out loud so many times. I couldn't help but fall in love with every character. The ending was great.

8. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
    This book should be made into a movie. Sarah got me this book just so I can get in touch with my girly side. And she won. Such a fantastic YA romance, with an excellent touch of comedy. Girl is in a boarding school in france and meets a boy named St. Clair. He is so HOT. I can't wait to read Lola and the Boy Next Door. I know it will be just as great as the first one.

9. Pulling Princes by Tyne O'Connell
    Another book about an American girl going to a boarding school across the ocean. In this one, Calypso makes me crack up so many times. The girl was kick-ass in this one. I didn't care if it was romancey, Calypso knows how to FENCE and that's good enough for me. Also, I did not know it was a series so, I will have to read the other ones. 

10. Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine
    This one didn't really make me laugh or cry. It was sort of in the middle. The main character, Addie, is scared of many things while her sister is not afraid of anything. Meryl wants to be a knight, but she promises not to go until Addie is married. Unfortunately, Meryl catches Gray Death and Addie goes on a quest to search for the cure. I have read this book about a gazillion times and still amazed by Addie's courage. So, I say I am emotionally attached to it, and can't live without this book.

So, what's on your Top Ten this week?

4 comments:

  1. Great list! I cried like a baby at the end of 'My sisters keeper'. I could've included 'The Hunger Games' on my list too (sometimes it's hard limiting your list to just ten)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna and the French Kiss is on my top 10 list this week, too. It would be a fabulous movie. I can't wait to read Lola and the Boy Next Door, either. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with Harry Potter. So many characters I loved died, and the bit at the end of the last book with that red-haired character's death OMG how could she? :(

    My top ten is here if you'd like a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna made my list...and Lola is just as awesome ;) I'm sure you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete