Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (10)

"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.


This week, I saw the cover for Alyson Noel's new book, Fated. And guess what.... the series is called "The Soul Seekers"!! How awesome is that. And it has the birds coming out of her hair, which the birds are kind of our group symbol. I know it has nothing to do with us but it just sounded amazing. Yay Seekers!


Fated
Author: Alyson Noel
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Release Date: May 22, 2012
Series: The Soul Seekers #1
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 304

So here's the deal . . .

Strange things have been happening to Daire Santos. Animals follow her, crows mock her, glowing people appear from nowhere. Worried that Daire's having a breakdown, her mother sends her to stay with the grandmother she's never met, who lives on the dusty plains of Enchantment, New Mexico. There Daire crosses paths with Dace, a gorgeous guy with unearthly blue eyes.

Her grandmother recognizes Daire's episodes for what they are - a call to her true destiny as a Soul Seeker, a person who can navigate between the living and the dead. Guided by her grandmother, Daire must be quick to learn how to harness her powers because Dace's brother is an evil shape-shifter, out to steal them.

Daire must embrace her fate as a Soul Seeker and discover if Dace is the guy she's meant to be with . . . or if he's allied with the enemy she's destined to destroy.


Amazing. So, what's on your WoW?

16 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to this one too - I just read another book that had a lot of mystical Navajo elements plus some paranormal stuff, so this really caught my eye. And it's Alison Noel. ;)

    My WoW this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks amazing plus I absolutely love the cover!!

    Love your blog, new follower:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the cover but I don't know whether I'll read it as it's by Noel!


    Feel free to check out my WOW
    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read this book too! The synopsis sounds amazing! Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cover! Sounds like a good story too. Hope you enjoy it!
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty cover!!! I'm not a huge Noel fan...but that cover makes me want to read it :)

    Sarah
    Confessions of the UnPublished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't started this series yet. I want though but a bit wary because I didn't enjoy her Evermorenovel that much.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for commenting! I will of course check out of all of yours.

    I wasn't the biggest fan of Noel's Immortal series, but I did enjoy them. I really liked her other books. But this one did sound better than that series.

    -Emilia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I'm not a big fan of her Immortal series but I'm hoping this on is much better! Great choice! The cover is awesome :) Check out my WOW:

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  10. i didn't know she has a new series coming out. this new one looks awesome! great pick!

    My WoW.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the look and sound of this one. Excellent pick; thanks for sharing!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  12. :) I have never heard of this one. It looks good :) Thanks for sharing this week

    http://brunettelibrarian.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a big Alyson Noel fan!

    -Sky @ YA Infatuation
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is an awesome cover I've seen!!! I LOVE it! The book sounds very good! I've always liked Alyson Noel. It's so awesome you pick this book. Thank you for sharing!

    New follower.

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't wait for this one too! This sounds like something I'd love, it is definitely being added to my TBR list. Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete