Monday, December 19, 2011

Emilia's Review on Angelfire

Angelfire
Author: Courtney Allison Moulton (@CAMoulton)
PublisherKatherine Tegen Books
Release Date: February 15, 2011
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 453
Source: Bought
Rating: Escapable
Series: Angelfire #1
The Other Books: Wings of the Wicked
Extras: Trailer, Series Website
Seek: Amazon, Goodreads
First there are nightmares.
Every night Ellie is haunted by terrifying dreams of monstrous creatures that are hunting her, killing her.

Then come the memories.
When Ellie meets Will, she feels on the verge of remembering something just beyond her grasp. His attention is intense and romantic, and Ellie feels like her soul has known him for centuries. On her seventeenth birthday, on a dark street at midnight, Will awakens Ellie's power, and she knows that she can fight the creatures that stalk her in the grim darkness. Only Will holds the key to Ellie's memories, whole lifetimes of them, and when she looks at him, she can no longer pretend anything was just a dream.

Now she must hunt.
Ellie has power that no one can match, and her role is to hunt and kill the reapers that prey on human souls. But in order to survive the dangerous and ancient battle of the angels and the Fallen, she must also hunt for the secrets of her past lives and truths that may be too frightening to remember.
This cover is gorgeous. The girl holding a weapon, made me know there was going to be action. The cover matches perfectly with this action-packed novel.
Will’s foot suddenly connected with my chest and slammed me into one of the columns behind me, my back crunching against the steel. The wind rushed from my lungs, but Will was coming at me too fast for me to catch my breath.
I am going nuts with these angel books, but Angelfire is definitely one of my favorites of all time. This thing is packed with mystery, romance, and action pack thrills that I could read this over and over again and never grow bored. It’s an added bonus that the author, Courtney, is a fan of Sailor Moon, which is one of my favorite shows. I couldn’t get enough of Serena and Tuxedo Mask.

Ellie is your average teenage girl. She has a best friend, a group of friends, and she gets bored in school. There are things that make Ellie different though. Ellie’s parents, mostly her dad, are arguing a lot lately. Her nightmares are becoming more vivid, and feel almost real. Ellie has grown used to the nightmares, and didn’t think anything about them.

That is until Will talks to her. He wants her to remember who she is. Ellie thinks he’s just some lunatic. But when a reaper attacks her, and Will is there to protect her, he awakens her. She is known as the Preliator, a warrior that destroys reapers and sends them back to hell. She has been on Earth for over thousand years, being reborn into a human body over and over again.

Will, is her Guardian, and has protected over the years. He was always there to awaken her when she was reborn. This time, however, took her four decades to be reborn. Ellie has become more human, but her power is slowly awakening and it’s stronger than the reapers that attack her.

There is such a lovely romance brewing between Ellie and Will. It’s sad what they discover in the end. Which by the way, the ending, oh my god, was that just breath-taking and wonderful. There was this character named Cadan, which I quite liked.

I love Angelfire, and got lucky to read an ARC of Wings of the Wicked, thanks to Stacey @ Page Turners.

My review won’t be up until late January or early February, but I can say this:
The story gets even better, and there were moments where I cried.
Wings of the Wicked will be released in February 1, 2012. Hymn to the Fallen, the third and final book of the series, has gotten a new name. Hopefully, Courtney will tell us soon what it is called. I can’t wait until 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment