Sunday, December 18, 2011

Emilia's Review on Crescendo

Crescendo
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick (@becfitzpatrick)
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Release Date: October 19, 2010
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 427
Source: Bought
Rating: Reachable
Series: Hush, Hush #2
The Other Books: Hush, Hush, Silence, Finale
Extras: Trailer, Series Website
Seek: Amazon, Goodreads
Nora Grey's life is still far from perfect. Surviving an attempt on her life wasn't pleasant, but at least she got a guardian angel out of it: a mysterious, magnetic, gorgeous guardian angel. But, despite his role in her life, Patch has been acting anything but angelic. He's more elusive than ever and even worse, he's started spending time with Nora's arch-enemy, Marcie Millar.

Nora would have hardly noticed Scott Parnell, an old family friend who has moved back to town, if Patch hadnt been acting so distant. Even with Scott's totally infuriating attitude Nora finds herself drawn to him - despite her lingering feeling that he's hiding something.

Haunted by images of her murdered father, and questioning whether her nephilim bloodline has anything to do with his death, Nora puts herself increasingly in dangerous situations as she desperately searches for answers. But maybe some things are better left buried, because the truth could destroy everything - and everyone - she trusts.
I didn’t quite like the first one, but this one I do love. The covers add some epicness to the series.
That was me saying I love you,” I said, smiling as I traced his mouth with my finger.
I expected him to return the smile, but his eyes were still fixed on the trees, which cast shifting shadows as their branches nodded in the breeze.
I loved the first one, so I should love the sequel, right? It turns out, not quite.
In the first one, there was so much mystery, and thrill, and of course a lot of Patch. Hush, Hush, was one of my favorites! In this one however, the first half of Crescendo was boring. It took me a day to finish Hush, Hush, but it took me a week to finish Crescendo. It turns out, without Patch, Nora’s life is kind of boring.

Patch now a guardian angel, is supposed to protect Nora. But after Nora says the three little words, Patch leaves her. He ends up in Marcie’s driveway, a popular girl Nora dislikes. Patch tells Nora that he can’t get close to her because the archangels are looking for a reason to get rid of him, for good. You would think Nora would understand, and try to work things out. But the idea of him being close to Marcie makes her jealous, and she breaks up with him.

So, the first half of the book, is about her being mad at him for hanging out with Marcie. She tries to make him jealous by hanging out with a childhood friend, named Scott. That doesn’t go over well. Scott is a Nephilim like Nora, but he has some dangerous habits. Nora sees this as a way to get Patch near her, because he’s her guardian angel.

Then, towards the second half of the book, the thing picks up. There some action scenes that make me excited. Then, the mystery of who killed her father is in the air, and it looks like Patch did it. Ah, but is he really the killer? There are two endings to me. One you find out who killed Nora’s father, and two the surprise cliffhanger on the last page.

So all in all, this was not my favorite out of the series. I do hope Silence picks my spirits up. I have asked around, and it doesn’t look like this was a favorite for fans. I am probably going to read it a little later on, because the cliffhanger does make me curious on what happens next.
Fourth book to be release Fall 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment