Sunday, December 18, 2011

Emilia's Review on Hush, Hush

Hush, Hush
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick (@becfitzpatrick)
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Release Date: October 13, 2009
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 391
Source: Bought
Rating: Escapable
Series: Hush, Hush Saga Book #1
The Other Books: Crescendo, Silence, Finale
Extras: Trailer, Series Website
Buy at: Amazon
For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her...until Patch comes along.

With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment, but after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is far more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.
The fallen angel on the cover was so hot looking, and I couldn’t help but pick it up. The only thing is I don’t think it goes quite well with the story. The story isn’t about Patch losing his wings. I want to see Patch’s scars more visible.
“My hands found nothing, and I tumbled over the edge, plunging straight down through the black air. The ground rushed up at me, and I opened my mouth to scream.”
I am writing a fallen angel series myself, and before I started writing it, I wanted to check out the other Fallen angel books. Hush, Hush was my first Fallen book, recommended to me by a friend, and I'm glad I chose it.  


This book was such a thriller. When it comes to books like this, where there is mystery involved, I am usually good at predicting what’s going to happened. I totally did not see what was coming in this one.

Nora is smart, and sweet, but when it comes to Patch, she becomes more snappy, and guarded. You wouldn’t have seen this change in her, if it weren’t for Patch. After having seats changed in Biology class, Nora ends up with Patch, the new quiet guy. You put this two together and you get chemistry. Nora is asking questions for an assignment, and Patch answers but his answers are somewhat about her. Like he stalks her kind of thing.

Nora only lives with mom, after father was mysteriously murdered. Her mom hired some help, to watch over Nora, but besides that, Nora is pretty alone. Her house is located away from civilization and is foggy nearly all the time. That right there would make me want to move. You know sometimes is going to happen to her at home.

Things begin to happen to Nora, and everything seems to point to Patch. Nora doesn’t think it’s him but her friend, Vee, thinks otherwise. Also having the school’s therapist tell you to stay away from Patch, you have to wonder if he’s a good guy to be alone with.

We all know Patch is a Fallen angel, because of the cover, but we are just waiting for Nora to get a clue. When she finally founds out though, that scene just made my heart race.

Three things that make this a great story; Mystery, thrilled-action scenes, and Patch!

The first book was great, can’t wait to continue on to the next one.
Silence is out already, but it's not the end for Nora and Patch! There will be a fourth book. Becca says that it is planned for a Fall 2012 release.

No comments:

Post a Comment