Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Books for Everyone

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme started here at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they have a specific topic for a top ten list. This week is books that have been on your shelf but have never read. 

This week is about books for Christmas gifts. This is my picks for holiday gifts. Leave a comment below with a link to your lists, so I have some ideas on what to get the other Seekers for Christmas. -Ivy

1. Liesl & Po by Lauren Oliver

    This book was precious and very imaginative. The perfect gift for the holidays for kids. The others and me have come up with this great gift mix for this. We have these adorable jewelry boxes with glitter dust and the book inside. Along with it, we bought sketch pads, pencils, and a wool hats. Just some items to go along with the book.

I bought this for my little brother, TJ. He just started to learn to read chapter books and he's excited to have a bookshelf of his own. Alice, Gaby, Danny, and Emilia bought it for their siblings as well. 

2. Inheritance by Christopher Paolini

  I bought this book for some family members and myself, to complete the series. Eragon brought dragons to me and my brothers. We have never read a book that surrounding dragons before. They would appear in some books as mean and evil, and they could never control their fire-breathing. The only dragon that was fun, was the one on Shrek, who was with Donkey, and they had donkey/dragon babies. Eragon made me buy many books about dragons to learn more about them, like Dragonology. 

3. The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins

   A lot of my family members and friends want this book on their shelves. After the premiere of the trailer for the movie, it's been nuts everywhere for these books. Everyone wants to read them before the movie comes out. Emilia told me that at her library, there are at least 50 requests on each of the books. Also, did anyone else notice the raise of dystopian novels lately. I just checked out the upcoming 2012 books and a lot of them are dystopian novels.

So, my mom is buying the series for me. I think, I did put it on my wishlist. I think Emilia is buying the Trilogy for her older sister to read.

4. The Help by Kathryn Stockett

  My mom loves the movie that came out for this book. So, she put this on her wishlist. I am going to buy it for her, but I don't really see her reading it. I probably read way before her. She's one of those people that want to read a book because the movie is coming out. If she loves the movie, than she will the book more. I don't think she will ever actually read the book, but she would just love to have it. So, I'm buying it anyway.

5. A Song of Ice and Fire Series by George R. R. Martin

   Just saw the trailer for next season of Game of Thrones, and looks just as amazing as the first. My dad and I are big fans of the show. He has actually read all the books, but doesn't actually own any of the books. So, my mom and I are pitching in to buy the box set for him.

6. Diary of Wimpy Kid Series: Cabin Fever by Jeff Kinney

   I am a crazed fan of these series and my brothers love them as well. For a younger brother, this is like the only books I have ever seen him read. This and the Percy Jackson series. It's actually a great series. I read them between books because they are so darn funny. The movies are great as well, but they miss out on a lot of great parts. I buying the latest for my brother and the two movies for him, to make a complete gift.

4 comments:

  1. You can't go wrong with The Hunger Games! If there is someone left on the planet that hasn't read it, they'll be sure to love it.

    The Help is always a winner with mothers or best friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hunger Games, Liesl and Po, The Help... all great gift choices.

    My Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the list.. Liesl and Po, Wimpy Kid, The Help - are in my additional list..

    ReplyDelete
  4. All these books are fantastic picks. Sounds like you guys are going to have a wonderful holiday season ;)

    ReplyDelete