Monday, December 19, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Dear Santa, I Want Books, Just Books.

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme started here at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they have a specific topic for a top ten list. This week is books that have been on your shelf but have never read. 

My family do these Christmas lists, and we get put on our list what we want. Every year, I either put a video game or a book at the top of my list every year. And every Christmas, I opened my presents and get mostly clothes and shoes. So, this year I only put two items on my list. 
  1. Hunger Games Trilogy
  2. BOOKS. (Used or New)
So, on to the list of books I really want this year.



  1. The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins - I really want to read the book before the movie comes out. I feel out of the loop when people are talking about Katniss, Peeta, Rue, and Gale.
  2. Inhertiance by Christopher Paolini - To finish my Inheritance Cycle collection. I already bought it for myself, but it took a big chunk from my allowance. I wish I got this from Santa instead of buying it.
  3. Bloodlines by Richelle Mead - I been wanting to read the Vampire Academy series but never get around to it. I was hoping maybe I can start with this one than read VA. I don't know, should I?
  4. Legend by Marie Lu - I have read so a lot of popular dystopian tales this year, but haven't gotten to this one yet. I heard that the font is different depending on the character. I like that idea and really want it now.
  5. Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey - I actually read this already but as a e-galley. I really want a finish copy of this book, because I heard the cover is sparkly. I like sparkly things.
  6. Modelland by Tyra Banks - This book got a lot of bad ratings, but I actually read the book and liked it. I burrowed the book but now I really want a copy. This book isn't at all that bad.
  7. Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes - Ugh, I just saw Danny's review for this and I am kind of jealous. This book sounds really awesome and it had a whole bunch of creatures in it that I love. Now, I really want a copy.
  8. This Dark Endeavor by Kenneth Oppel - I heard this one was becoming a movie, and I liked Frankenstein so this book should be awesome. I also just saw the cover for the sequel, and really want both of them.
  9. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand - I hear such great things about this angel book. I heard CW is turning it into a TV series. Just like with the Hunger Games, I really want to read this book before watching the TV series.
  10. Vampire Diaries series by LJ Smith - We are doing Secret Santa on the Seekers. I am not allowed to say anything, because we read each other's posts, but I think Emilia got me some of the Vampire Diaries books. I really hope because I LOVE the TV series and would love to have the books. 
And that's all, tell me your Christmas lists! I will promise to check out all of yours. Happy Holidays!

14 comments:

  1. Cold Kiss is on mine too! :) Great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your list thinking - only mine would just say "books".

    You have a great list too. I've heard nothing but bad things about Modelland... but I think that if I could borrow it from the library I might give it a shot.

    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the Hunger Games Trilogy last Christmas but I still haven't read it yet. I really really need to read them
    Awesome list
    http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/top-10-tuesdays-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some really great books listed there. The Hunger Games trilogy is totally fabulous and you really do need to read them. Sorry to hear that Inheritance took such a toll on your wallet. If I want to read it I'd need to get the boxed set. I'd *really* need convincing for that one.

    I have Legend on my list too. I am definitely intrigued. And The Dark Endeavor keeps catching my eye and I keep not picking it up. I need to stop that. It sounds great!

    I hope that you have a wonderful day. I hope that your family gets you lots of books -- it can be annoying getting stuff you don't use. I have the digital photo from last year still sitting in its box to prove it. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely need to read The Hunger Games as soon as you can so I hope Santa brings you them- they are fabulous!

    I finished Legend just a week or so ago and enjoyed it. The second half is awesome and I think it's been set up for an epic sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must read THG before the movie. MUST! ;) I loved Legend, it's my favorite dystopian of the year. And I LOVE Unearthly! It's amazing. I hope Santa brings you lots of books. Merry Christmas.

    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read "Hunger Games" yet ... but really need to. Have seen "Cold Kiss" on quite a number of lists ... will have to check it out.

    Here's my post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You must read the Hunger Games! I'm going to hope Santa brings you that one for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ivy - That's funny and all too familiar: Asking for books and getting clothes instead. Hope this year's the one to change all that - and your strategy seems likely to work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awww bad gift givers! I hope you have better luck this year! Hunger Games is awesome. I'm on the last one right now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Unearthly is only $0.99 on Kindle right now!! Amazing price!

    HAHA yeah, I usually give my dad a choice of Best Buy or bookstore gift card.. this year, my sister told him just to get me a bookstore gift card and he got me a BB one instead :P (was looking forward to lots of books! lol)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Michele | Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone for commenting, I love reading all of these comments. I should get my parents to read this so they will get me books this Christmas or a gift card.

    I will stop by all of yours if I haven't already.
    Happy Holidays, Ivy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome List of books, Thanks for visiting my Top Ten. =] You have great taste. I can't wait to read Legend and Inheritance as well. =] Also definitely read The Warrior Heir it was really good. =]
    -Michael
    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  14. Unearthly and The Hunger Games are great!! I really enjoyed them! :) I hope Santa brings them to you!!

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete