Monday, January 9, 2012

The Best/Worst of 2011 Survery: Part One

Inside Sintara is a feature on The Story Seekers, that helps viewers get to know a little bit more about the Seekers. Alice will be the host of this feature every Thursday.

This week on Inside Sintara is about our favorites in 2011. We did a survey which was provided by The Perpetual Page-Turner. I know I am a little late on this, but I had to send the survey to all the Seekers and then type all the answers. It took awhile, but it's finally done! We are separating the survey into 3 parts, which I will do next part tomorrow and the final part will be on Thursday.

I am also helping Gaby with our 2012 challenges for the month. Gabrielle should have the post up for our 2012 challenges up soon, we are just working on the pages.

Now onto to the year of 2011!

1. Best Book You Read in 2011

Alice – Entwined by Heather Dixon
Danny – Supernaturally by Kiersten White
Emilia – Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton
Gabrielle – Lost in Time by Melissa De la Cruz
Ivy – Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey
Sarah – Lola and the Boy Next Door

2. Most Disappointing Book

Alice – Ingenue by Jillian Larkin (I didn’t even finish it, I going to give it a try later on)
Danny – None
Emilia – Crescendo by Becca FitzPatrick (Ending was okay)
Gabrielle – None
Ivy – Drought by Pam Bachorz
Sarah – N/A

3. Most Surprising Book

Alice – The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson (Blew me away)
Danny – Intertwined by Gena Showalter (Emilia surprised me)
Emilia – Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan (A sci-fi that I understood completely)
Gabrielle – Evermore by Alyson Noel (It was really good, but a little worried on continuing the series)
Ivy – Modelland by Tyra Banks (It’s really not that bad, the fantasy part is really good!)
Sarah – Between the Sea and Sky by Jacyln Dolamore (Amazingly detailed)

4. Book You Recommeded to People Most

Alice – The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson & The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross (Love!)
Danny – Liesl & Po by Lauren Oliver & Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (Both were awesome!)
Emilia – Wither by Lauren DeStefano
Gabrielle – Too many. I talked mostly about series to others Hush, Hush, Blue Bloods, & other series
Ivy – Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey (So many emotions)
Sarah – Anna and the French Kiss by Stephenie Perkins & the sequel!

5. Best Series You Discovered in 2011

Alice – Yet again The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
Danny – The Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
Emilia – Angelfire and Wings of the Wicked by Courtney Allison Moulton (LOVE!!)
Gabrielle – Blue Blood series (I’m glad I discovered it this year because I could read book back to back but now I’m sad I have to wait 2 years for the last one)
Ivy – Modelland & Cold Kiss(Yes there is a sequel!)
Sarah – Anna and the French Kiss!!!

6. Favorite New Authors You Discovered

Alice – Rae Carson, Kady Cross, & Jackie Morse Kessler
Danny – Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl, Kiersten White, & Gena Showalter
Emilia – Jessie Harrell, Julie Cross, Jocelyn Davies, Courtney Allison Moulton, & Lauren DeStefano
Gabrielle – Melissa De la Cruz, Andrea Cremer, Ellen Schreiber
Ivy – Julie Kagawa, Amy Garvey, Michelle Hodkin
Sarah – Elizabeth Eulberg, Stephanie Perkins, & Jaclyn Dolamore

7. Best Book that was out of Your Comfort Zone

Alice –  Hunger and Rage by Jackie Morse Kessler (Was worried but ending up loving them.)
Danny – Intertwined by Gena Showalter (Usually not the biggest fan of paranormal)
Emilia – Crank by Ellen Hopkins (Never read a book in verse before)
Gabrielle – Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi(I need to read more dystopian!)
Ivy – Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey (I thought it was going to be about a zombie)
Sarah – Across the Universe by Beth Revis (Sci-fi makes my head hurt)

8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book

Alice – The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross (I am now a fan of Steampunk!!)
Danny – Paranormalcy & Supernaturally by Kiersten White (I am in love with all the characters)
Emilia – Angelfire & Wings of the Wicked by Courtney Allison Moulton (LOVE!!)
Gabrielle – Nightshade by Andrea Cremer (I really need to read Wolfsbane)
Ivy – The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (Love/Hate relationship with this book)
Sarah – The Lonely Hearts Club by Elizabeth Eulberg (I read it in a few hours, and couldn’t stop smiling)

9. Book you most anticipated in 2011

Alice – The Iron Thorn by Caitlin Kittridge (I still have to read it)
Danny – Inhertience by Christopher Paolini (Have the entire series)
Emilia – Too many to list! Wither, Angelfire, Divergent, & many more!
Gabrielle – Lost in Time by Melissa De la Cruz
Ivy – The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (I called it when I saw the cover)
Sarah – Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephenie Perkins and Ripple by Mandy Hubbard

10. Favorite Cover of 2011
Alice - Entwined has this silver foiling that really makes it beautiful
Danny - I just really love this cover, I really want to read the Darkest Powers first before reviewing this one
Emilia - It's a girl in a dress and I really want to steal the dress!
Gabrielle - I actually like the old covers of the Nightshade trilogy over the new ones
Ivy - Even though the cover isn't really a good representation of the book, it's really eye-catching
Sarah - The cover is reversible with the ship's blue prints on the other side. AWESOME! 


This concludes part 1 of the 2011 survey. Part 2 will be up tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment