Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Emilia's Review on Legend

Legend
Author: Marie Lu (@Marie_Lu)
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Release Date: November 29, 2011
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 305
Source: Bought
Series: Legend #1
The Other Books:
Extras: Trailer, Series Website
Buy at: Amazon
What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic's wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic's highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country's most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.

From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths - until the day June's brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family's survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias's death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets.

Full of nonstop action, suspense, and romance, this novel is sure to move readers as much as it thrills.

You Should... – Buy It!

Reason for Reading – Cover, Recommended

Judge the Cover – It’s simple but very eye-catching. When I first saw the cover reveal, I just couldn’t stop staring at it.

A Little Teaser In my mind, I make a silent promise to my brother’s killer. I will hunt you down.

Review  Man was this action packed. I can see why everyone is raving about it. Such strong characters and the plot was amazing! There are moments where I would smile and laugh, and moments where my eyes get watery.

The different fonts and colors for June and Day are very cool, and I really like that in a book. Especially, since this book isn’t separated into chapter numbers, the different font helps me know which character I am on.

Okay now to the book.

I found myself liking Day right away. Whenever I hear there’s a book with a boy being the main character, I want to read it right away. I don’t why that is, but I think I am getting tired of girls’ point of views. Anyways, Day is a wonderful main character. He is just so heroic, and very observant on details, oh and he's the most wanted person in the Republic. He’s not classified as dangerous since he has never killed anyone.

This all changes though when June’s brother’s death is pinned on him, since Metias did try to stop him from escaping. But you will grow to care about Day, and you know he didn’t do it.

Then there’s June. June is a kickass heroine. She’s strong, and intelligent, and very persistent when it comes to capturing Day. At first she admires his success at escaping, now, she putting all her training to figure out who Day really is. Even though Day is my favorite character, June does come close.

They really similar in a way, but there are some differences between to two. It’s almost like they can switch places and the story will still come out being amazing. Their similarities are what made me love this book. I can see why they are kind of drawn together, because they are like two pieces of the same person.

I did find myself picking up on things before the characters. I did predict some events happening, but Marie did surprise me on some parts. When June’s brother’s killer does get revealed I was completely surprised. I had my mind set on someone else. And the ending did get me as well, which overall made the book simply incredible. Can’t wait for the sequel!

Author or Book NEWS – No news yet, hopefully soon though!

No comments:

Post a Comment