Friday, January 27, 2012

Sarah's Review on Incarnate

Incarnate
Author: Jodi Meadows (@jodimeadows)
Publisher: HarperCollins Children's Books
Release Date: January 31, 2012
Format: E-Galley
Pages: 384
Source: Netgalley
Series: Newsoul #1
The Other Books: Untitled #2 (2013), Untitled #3 (2014)
Challenge: 2012 Debut Author Challenge
Extras: Trailer, Author Facebook
Seek: Amazon, Goodreads
NEWSOUL
Ana is new. For thousands of years in Range, a million souls have been reincarnated over and over, keeping their memories and experiences from previous lifetimes. When Ana was born, another soul vanished, and no one knows why.

NOSOUL
Even Ana’s own mother thinks she’s a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she’ll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are suspicious and afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame?

HEART
Sam believes Ana’s new soul is good and worthwhile. When he stands up for her, their relationship blooms. But can he love someone who may live only once, and will Ana’s enemies—human and creature alike—let them be together? Ana needs to uncover the mistake that gave her someone else’s life, but will her quest threaten the peace of Heart and destroy the promise of reincarnation for all?

Jodi Meadows expertly weaves soul-deep romance, fantasy, and danger into an extraordinary tale of new life.


You should… – Buy it!

Reason for Reading – Cover, Author, & Challenge

Judge the Cover – What a beautiful butterfly! The book does capture your eyes because of all the bright colors. It’s hard to look away and like the book, it’s unforgettable.

A Little Teaser  “No one knows if you’ll be around very long. If people have been less than welcoming, that’s the reason why.”

“I’ll be around my whole life,” I whispered, not quite under the breeze in the forest, the pounding of my heart, and the beating of my invisible and incorporeal wings. “That’s a long time to me.”

Review – Two words. Beautiful and incredible.

I do admit at first, I had some trouble getting into this book. I think I had to read the first part of the book over again, just to understand what I was reading. These souls that are reborn can sometimes be reborn as a boy one year, and a girl the next. Interesting. Did it ruin the story?


Hell no!

Jodi’s has created a world that is unforgettable and just simply new. I can’t stop thinking about souls and her character, Ana. And then, there’s the world that Jodi has created. It’s so different, so unique, and every new event was unexpected or exciting. Usually, I can predict what’s going to happen to the characters, but this book was unpredictable. Which was amazing.

Ana’s voice was incredible! It was a little frustrating that she couldn’t seem to trust her own feelings or others’ feelings towards her. But being born with a soul that is completely new and different, it’s scary towards the others who have been reborn many times. Besides those little things, I love her ability to learn things quickly and her creative, stubborn spirit.


Then, there was Dossam, or just Sam. A guy with a graveyard full of his past lives, and journals filled with things he doesn’t want to forget. A guy that can take on different projects, and try new things. A guy who is brilliant with music. A guy that didn’t judge Ana because she was a Newsoul. And to keep it really simple…A guy I really want.


Incarnate was a wonderful read, and I would highly recommend this book to fantasy or paranormal lovers, who want something new in their life. Jodi has made me a fan, and I can’t wait to see what happens to Ana next.


Author/Book News – This is her latest release. Make sure to check out her twitter, facebook, or blog for more info on the series or for some awesome giveaways!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved this book and I am so glad that you did too..what a great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @kimba88 :) I love this book and I will have to go and check out your review and see what you like about you. <3 Sarah

    ReplyDelete