Sunday, February 12, 2012

Danny's Review on Goddess Interrupted

Goddess Interrupted
Author: Aimee Carter
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Release Date: March 27, 2012
Format: ARC
Pages: 304
Source: Harlequin Teen
Rating: Escapable
Series: Goddess Test #2
The Other Books: The Goddess Test, The Goddess Legacy, The Goddess Inheritance
Challenge: 2012 Sophomore Reading Challenge
Extras: Trailer
Seek: Amazon, Goodreads
Kate Winters has won immortality.

But if she wants a life in the Underworld with Henry, she’ll have to fight for it.

Becoming immortal wasn’t supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she’s as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he’s becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate’s coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans.

As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future.

Henry’s first wife, Persephone.
I’m just glad it matches the first book, and the model for Kate does look pretty. The title makes sense after reading the book, because not only Kate’s coronation is interrupted, so is her life with Henry.
I didn’t know much about being a god, but I did know gods weren’t supposed to bleed. - This is a teaser from the ARC edition.
I have to say I love the sequel better than the first, which is hard since technically in Kate’s world there is no sequel, it’s just her life. So, I love the continued story of Kate’s life. Because where we left off on The Goddess Test, with all the drama and Kate becoming immortal, that compares to nothing to what Kate has to face off now!

I really don’t want to write spoilers, but if I don’t then I feel like I leaving too many things out. For people who don’t want spoilers, here’s your review:

Go pick up The Goddess Test and read it! Then hurry up and get the sequel because if you don’t, you will miss out on this exciting, emotional, thrill ride.

Now to some spoilers! Continue on with caution!

You know what I love about this story. Instead of only feeling sorry for Persephone because of the original myth of her being trapped, I’m also sorry for Hades/Henry because he was in love with someone who didn’t love him back. I love how Aimee created a story around this. Even though I felt bad for Henry, and in the Goddess Test I felt love for the guy, but there were some parts where I just wanted to slap him in this book. Kate loves him, like deeply loves him, but he still hasn’t gotten over Persephone.

I am glad that Kate’s human traits are still with her as an Immortal, because then we wouldn’t be able to recognize her. Through out the book, I felt Kate was strong character. You really do connect with her more in this book. Her being able to put herself on the line when it comes to saving others and her motivation is to save Henry, the man she loves, from dying. Towards the ending, my heart just fell with her, because of the way Henry looks at Persephone and the other things he does. In the end, he comes out alright though.

I am glad we got James and Ava back. In this book, they really do become more real, and I felt like I knew their personalities more. I am also glad for the parts with Calliope in it, because you get more of an understanding why she did what she did. Then in the end, like oh my god!!

I kept hearing people talk about the ending, so I had to control myself from not taking a sneak peek at the ending. It was hard! And when I finally came to the ending, now I know why everyone is talking about it!

This review became longer than what I usually write, but I have to say if you love anything Greek than you must pick up this series! And if you don’t want to be dying to know what happens next, maybe hold off reading this one until October when the third book comes out. Because I am literally dying to know what happens next!!
 The Goddess Inheritance is coming out October 2012!! I really hope the date doesn’t change, and if it does, hopefully it changes to sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment