Sunday, February 12, 2012

Memorable Monday (01)

Memorable Monday is meme hosted by Escape in a Book.

How to participate?
Share a quote you for some reason or another find memorable in a Memorable Monday post on your blog. Go to Escape in a Book, and link up your quotes!

We are going to take turns on this meme and share some of our favorite quotes. This week, Emilia, Alice, and Danny are sharing their favorite quotes from some of their favorite books.

Danny wanted to share a quote from one of her favorite childhood book, 
Dealing with Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede.

“I didn't ask what you'd said about it," the frog snapped. "I asked 
what you're going to do. Nine times out of ten, talking is a 
way of avoiding doing things.” 

Alice wanted to share a quote from her favorite 2011 book, 
Entwined by Heather Dixon.

“He's around the twist,' said Azalea. 'Breaking all the windows? He's mad.'
'Ah, no,' said the King. 'It's only madness if you actually do it.
If you want to break all the windows in the house and drown yourself
in a bucket but don't actually do it, well, that's love.” 
And last but not least, Emilia wanted to share from her favorite book so far this year,
Cinder by Marissa Meyer

“Even in the Future the Story Begins with Once Upon a Time.” 

8 comments:

  1. Hi guys, thank you for participating :) I enjoyed reading all three quotes. I've started reading Cinder and it has been great so far, Entwined is on my Kindle. Lots of good reading to look forward to it seems. Have a great week reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quotes! Makes me want to read all the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quotes- a great combination of funny and beautiful and sweet! :) Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quote you chose from Entwined! Wonderful! and of course, Cinders was a wonderful follow up! - dealing with dragons was super fun quote! - I just haven't read it yet!

    My Memorable Monday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all those three quotes, they're very awesome! But as I heard a lot of good things about Cinder and I thought I might want to read it, I was especially interested in this quote. And I have to say I really, really like it. I've always had a thing for fairytales, old or new ones, so yeah - I think I might really, really want to read that book RIGHT NOW :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deling with Dragons is awesome!! I love the Cinder quote. Is that the opening line of the book? If so, it's one o the best I've seen :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by at my blog! All three quotes are awesome, I especially like the first one. There's some truth in the frog's statement. Cinder looks intersting, I really need to check that one out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to read Cinder (: I loved all the quotes, thanks for sharing.


    Here is my Memorable Monday

    Shantal
    ♥ Book nerds are pretty too

    ReplyDelete