Monday, February 13, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (10)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, host by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following.

Teaser Tuesdays asked you to:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) "teaser" sentences from that page, somewhere between the lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you're getting your "teaser" from ... that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you've given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!
We weren't going to Teaser Tuesdays anymore because we give little teasers along with our reviews. We missed it though, so we brought it back. Kind of like Memorable Monday, only a few of us are participating on this meme. So here they are Danny, Emilia, and Ivy.



Danny's Teaser from
Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood

You must watch over your sisters for me. Keep them safe. There’s so much I wanted to tell you. And now I haven’t time, Mother lamented the last time I saw her. She was pale as a ghost and fought for each breath. Her sapphire eyes, so much like Maura’s, had dimmed, as though part of her had already gone ahead into the next world.

I promised, of course. What else could I do? But it was a heavy promise for a girl of thirteen.







Ivy's Teaser from
Harbinger by Sara Wilson Etienne

Then the song died. Hovering at the edge of the roof, the sea splayed below, I whimpered in the empty silence. A sliver of memory cut it's way out of the fog. A rushing wave of froth and ice ripped through my mind. Screaming, I was dragged down into darkness.




Emilia's ARC Teaser from
This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers

I jolt awake, forget where I am for a second. Everyone is laid out around me, asleep on the dusty blue gym mats we dragged in from the storage room. The last thing we had energy for, the last thing we could do for ourselves before we totally crashed.

I raise my head and listen.

5 comments:

  1. Great teasers! I can't wait to read all of these - thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Three great teasers. I'm not sure which one I like best!
    I hope you enjoy mine too: http://iousex.blogspot.com/2012/02/teaser-tuesday-feb-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. All three teasers are great! Thanks for sharing!

    My TT: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2012/02/teaser-tuesday-10-clockwork-prince.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. All good teasers, think I like the last one best but that first one is really good too!

    Here's ours:
    http://www.ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/02/tuesday-teasers-sophie-and-every-day.html

    ReplyDelete