Thursday, April 19, 2012

Sarah's Review on I'd Tell You I Love You

I'd Tell You I Love You, But 
Then I'd Have to Kill You
Author: Ally Carter
Publisher: Hyperion
Release Date: March 20, 2007
Format: Paperback
Pages: 284
Source: Bought
Rating: Escapable
Series: Gallagher Girls #1
The Other Books: Cross My Heart, Don't Judge a Girl, Only the Good Spy Young, Out of Sight, Out of Time
Challenge: None
Extras: Facebook
Seek: Amazon, Goodreads
Cammie Morgan is a student at the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women, a fairly typical all-girls school-that is, if every school taught advanced martial arts in PE and the latest in chemical warfare in science, and students received extra credit for breaking CIA codes in computer class. The Gallagher Academy might claim to be a school for geniuses but it's really a school for spies.

Even though Cammie is fluent in fourteen languages and capable of killing a man in seven different ways, she has no idea what to do when she meets an ordinary boy who thinks she's an ordinary girl. Sure, she can tap his phone, hack into his computer, or track him through town with the skill of a real "pavement artist"-but can she maneuver a relationship with someone who can never know the truth about her?

Cammie Morgan may be an elite spy-in-training, but in her sophomore year, she's on her most dangerous mission-falling in love.
Love the covers for this series.  
I suppose a lot of teenage girls feel invisible sometimes, like they just disappear. Well, that’s me–Cammie the Chameleon. But I’m luckier than most because, at my school, that’s considered cool.

I go to a school for spies.
Eh! Why, oh why, did I wait so long to read this series!? The first paragraph, which is up there, gets you hooked! I saw it on Netgalley because Disney/Hyperion was doing a promotion for the series because the 5th book was coming out. I decided that this was my chance to go out and buy the books.

This book was just simply fun. I literally can’t say one bad thing about the book. I was expecting mystery because it being a spy school but I think that will come later on in the series.

Now I am only doing a quick review on this book, because I think you just have to go pick up the series. The books are easy, fun, quick reads.


Cammie is by far one of my favorite characters. Her voice is witty, humorous, and with complete spy side comments. She is a trained spy so she looks around at everything her with her spy mind: looking for escapes, memorizing things, looking for the best weapon, and blending in to the background. She does it all. But when a regular guy catches her while she’s blending, everything she learned as a spy doesn’t help when it comes to a cute guy.

She knows 14 different languages but unfortunately, one of those languages isn’t guy. It’s so funny to see her reaction to everything we do or hear everyday. We don’t give lots of things second thoughts, but Cammie is breaking down everything and figuring out what to do. She is in constant spy mode, when really she only needed to be herself.

All of her friends and one new girl, who is at first a snob, were such great characters to read. I love when they did the reports with Cammie on her crush. All of their side comments on the reports were so hilarious to read.

At the ending, I was so surprised at how it ended. And that’s why this is such a quick review, because I really want to continue on to the second book.
5th book of the Gallagher Girls series, called Out of Sight, Out of Time, came out in March. The series isn’t over however, look for the 6th book which is coming out in 2013.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the awesome recommendation! I am trying to add more Contemporary to my book diet so this sounds like it would be an awesome addition!!

    ReplyDelete