Monday, May 7, 2012

Ivy's Review on Hollyweird

Hollyweird
Author: Terri Clark (@terriclarkbooks)
Publisher: Flux Books
Release Date: May 8, 2012
Format: E-galley
Pages: 240
Source: Netgalley
Rating: Reachable
Challenge: None
Extras:
Seek: Amazon, Goodreads
Aly King is about to fall for the fallen.

My best friend, Des, and I totally freaked when we won the contest to meet THE Dakota Danvers in Hollywood. But now we’re finding out he’s SO not the angel everyone believes him to be. In fact, Dakota is the son of Satan, wreaking havoc on Hollywood and creating an evil army hellbent on world domination.

Lucky for us, Dakota’s super-cute personal assistant, Jameson, is a fallen angel trying to get his wings back, and he’s working undercover to squash his demon boss’s plan. If Jameson hadn’t taken me under his wing I’d be in serious trouble, because I’m a total newb when it comes to conquering evil. But, truth be told, that sexy angel’s got me all aflutter and may be one temptation I can’t resist.
Such a fun cover! I think it does the story justice.
My face actually ached from smiling so much and then Dakota grabbed me by the hand, twirled me into his chest and dipped me low. My heart battered against my ribs, my breath stalled and I gazed up into his laughing smiling eyes . . . eyes that suddenly glowed crimson and cruel.
This story was actually what I thought it was going to be. Fun! This story has a lot of supernatural to it and a touch of girly goodness. It wasn’t like over the top where it’s only bad thing after bad thing happening to the main characters. It wasn’t dark read but just light, airy entertainment. And when something bad did happened, the characters somehow make it the most hilarious thing ever.

Since this was such a quick read, I don't want to give too much away so this is short review!


You get two points of view from Aly and then Jameson. Aly is just your average girl. She and her friend Des get lucky and win a trip to see mister hottie himself, Dakota Danvers. An actor who works on one of their favorite supernatural shows on the CW. But it turns out Dakota is more than just a bad boy, this boy is straight out of hell.

Aly and Des fall in love with everything from the sets of the tv show to the photoshoots, and can’t help but love Dakota as well. This changes when they see who he really is, with help of Jameson.

Jameson is a fallen angel trying to earn his wings back. His job is to figure out what Dakota is up to, and stop him. But he can’t do it alone, he needs help from Aly and Des.

My favorite scenes from the book are when Aly, Aly’s sister, and Des have to survive the seven deadly sins. They fall for some of them, and the ones they do fall for, are so funny to read about. Lust and Gluttony were my favorites!

There's paranormal creatures, romance, some action scenes, and overall great laughs. For an angel book, I always think horrible things are going to happen. Nope, not this one. If you need a pick me up book, or looking for an easy read, I highly suggest this book. I couldn’t stop smiling and laughing on this one.
This is her latest release.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun read :)Can't say I had heard of it before now... I will have to put it on a list so that next time I feel like a light easy read I can go pick this up :) Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I requested this book from Netgalley a couple months ago but haven't read it yet, now you're making me want to read it soon! Thanks for the amazing review :)

    Natasha

    ReplyDelete