Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Ivy's Review on The Last Echo

The Last Echo
Author: Kimberly Derting (@kimberlyderting)
Publisher: HarperCollins
Release Date: April 17, 2012
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 358
Source: Bought
Series: The Body Finder #3
The Other Books: The Body Finder, Desires of the Dead
Challenge: None
Extras: Trailer, Facebook
Seek: Amazon, Goodreads
In the end, all that's left is an echo.

Before, Violet's morbid ability to send the dead led her to uncover dark murders and long-buried secrets in her small town. Now that she's working with a special investigative team, Violet hopes she can help even more people--whether by saving a life or catching a killer.

Although she's relieved to finally be honest about what she can do, her instant connection with her mysterious partner, Rafe, is both confusing and unsettling, and their unique bond creates tension with her boyfriend, Jay. When she discovers the body of a college student murdered by "the collector," Violet refuses to give up on the case. With her own relationship on the line, Violet doesn't realize that the serial killer is looking to add to his collection and that ma have his eye. Will the life Violet has to save be her own?

You should… – Buy it!

Reason for Reading – Series, Author

Judge the Cover – This one is my favorite cover out of the series. I just love the color purple! I’m glad they didn’t change the cover design like they are doing with a lot of series lately.

A Little Teaser It wasn’t the kind of thing she could see or hear, making it all the more difficult to pinpoint. She didn’t know how exactly to describe what was leading her—pulling her. But it was definitely an echo.

Review – Ah, Kimberly Derting :). What can say about your writing? I am in love with everything about it. 

The mystery and thrill from Body Finder and Desires of the Dead continues on to the next novel. With more complications and killers on the loose, Violet's life is even in more trouble than before. I guessed a few things before they happened but there were a few shockers! 

Do not continue on because there are few spoilers! Read the Body Finder and Desires of the Dead first!

I was concerned about reading this one because I am big fan of Jay and Violet’s relationship. They are one of my favorite couples ever and I don’t want to see them break apart. In this book, however, I noticed there’s another guy that might like Violet as well. And I’m not talking about the killer.

Rafe has a gift as well, which we know about him in Desires of the Dead. In this book, you get more of a clue on what his gift actually is. Violet and Rafe connect differently than how Jay and Violet connect. Violet founds familiar ground when she’s with Rafe and the others on the team. They’re different like her, and live a double life just like her. She finds comfort being around them.

I kind of get why Violet might have some feelings towards Rafe. I guess it does make the story interesting because in real life, especially when you’re a teenager, you find yourself questioning everything, even love. Sometimes, you can’t help who have feelings for.

Another thing I noticed in this series is that all of the killers are noticing Violet too many times at crime scenes. She needs to learn how to go undercover more! Like wear a cop uniform or something. She sticks out if she was just wearing normal clothes.

Oh my god the ending was such a thrill. And I mean like the last 50 pages, I couldn't read fast enough. Eh! Especially the Epilogue! Totally did not see that coming! I can't wait to see what happens in the next book :D!

Author/Book News Whatever you might think, this book isn’t the last book in the series! There is going to be a fourth book.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome book and fabulous job reviewing it!! I love the title of your blog, so creative!

    New follower here.

    Chelsey@Charming Chelsey's

    ReplyDelete
  2. "In this book, however, I noticed there’s another guy that might like Violet as well. And I’m not talking about the killer."

    That line cracked me up!!! And yes, I thought this was the last book based on the title but then when I read the book, I realized what the title really meant. Cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this series! I haven't read this one yet but I plan to soon! Kind of sad that there is sort of a love triangle situation forming because I agree, Jay and Violet are one of my favorite couples. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete