Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (12)

"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating.

I have two books that I know I would want to read when they come out. I know I am going to end up buying them.

First book is a middle grade book because I am a sucker for those ones. Especially when they have brilliant illustrations! Second, is a book I have seen going around and I am really curious to find out more about it.


Keeper of the Lost Cities
Author: Shannon Messenger
Publisher: Aladdin
Release Date: October 2, 2012
Goodreads

Twelve-year-old Sophie Foster has a secret. She's a Telepath--someone who hears the thoughts of everyone around her. It's a talent she's never known how to explain.


Everything changes the day she meets Fitz, a mysterious boy who appears out of nowhere and also reads minds. She discovers there's a place she does belong, and that staying with her family will place her in grave danger. In the blink of an eye, Sophie is forced to leave behind everything and start a new life in a place that is vastly different from anything she has ever known.


Sophie has new rules to learn and new skills to master, and not everyone is thrilled that she has come “home.” There are secrets buried deep in Sophie's memory—secrets about who she really is and why she was hidden among humans—that other people desperately want. Would even kill for.


In this page-turning debut, Shannon Messenger creates a riveting story where one girl must figure out why she is the key to her brand-new world, before the wrong person finds the answer first.

This book just looks like the type of adventure I need in my life. For some reason, when it comes to middle grade, I believe in the fantasy and adventure more.

Black City
Author: Elizabeth Richards
Publisher: G. P. Putnam's Sons BYR
Release Date: November 13, 2012

A dark and tender post-apocalyptic love story set in the aftermath of a bloody war. In a city where humans and Darklings are now separated by a high wall and tensions between the two races still simmer after a terrible war, sixteen-year-olds Ash Fisher, a half-blood Darkling, and Natalie Buchanan, a human and the daughter of the Emissary, meet and do the unthinkable--they fall in love. 

Bonded by a mysterious connection that causes Ash's long-dormant heart to beat, Ash and Natalie first deny and then struggle to fight their forbidden feelings for each other, knowing if they're caught, they'll be executed--but their feelings are too strong. When Ash and Natalie then find themselves at the center of a deadly conspiracy that threatens to pull the humans and Darklings back into war, they must make hard choices that could result in both their deaths.

Like I said before, I am really not a big fan of romances. But one blogger told me that I need to give this book a try, so I am putting it on my TBR list. And just from the cover, I know I am going to end up buying. Can't wait to read it!

1 comment:

  1. Keeper of the Lost Cities sounds like an amazing middle grade book! And I adore that cover for it. I just added Black City to my goodreads because for some reason it wasn't there yet! Great picks! :)
    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete