Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sarah's Review on Cross My Heart

Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy
Author: Ally Carter
Publisher: Hyperion
Release Date: December 23, 2008
Format: Paperback
Pages: 256
Source: Bought
Rating: Escapable
Series: Gallagher Girls #2
The Other Books: I'd Tell You I Love You, Don't Judge a Girl, Only the Good Spy Young, Out of Sight, Out of Time
Challenge: Summer Reading List
Extras: Facebook
Seek: Amazon, Goodreads
After staking out, obtaining, and then being forced to give up her first boyfriend, Josh, all Cammie Morgan wants is a peaceful semester. But that's easier said than done when you're a CIA legacy and go to the Gallagher Academy, the premier school in the world . . . for spies.

Despite Cammie's best intentions to be a normal student, danger seems to follow her. She and her friends learn that their school is going to play host to some mysterious guests--code name: Blackthorne. Then she's blamed for a security breach that leaves the school's top secret status at risk.

Soon Cammie and her friends are crawling through walls and surveilling the school to learn the truth about Blackthorne and clear Cammie's name. Even though they have confidence in their spy skills, this time the targets are tougher (and hotter), and the stakes for Cammie's heart--and her beloved school--are higher than ever.
I love the covers for the series. The girl on the cover for this one looks like she is willing to keep some secrets.
I was through with lying (except for official cover stories, of course). And sneaking around (well . . . except when involved in covert operations). I was going to be normal! (Or as normal as a student at spy school ever gets a chance to be.)

I was going to be . . . myself.
Just like in the first book, this one is like a roller coaster ride. There were so many things happening to Cammie. If you haven’t started the series yet, then you need to hurry up and get to it. This is a great cast of characters and just pure fun.

I have to say I was worried I wouldn’t like the story as much without Josh being there, because I am really big romance lover. Josh was there but not the way I wanted him to be. I need a little romance here or there. Yet there is still a chance that there might be some romancing in here after all. Hot guys, who are also spies, come to in all-girl school who are spies as well. Ah I couldn’t wait to see what happens when the two mix.

Cammie already got the boy experience so she is more annoyed by the guys being there then going crazy over them. Especially since one guy named Zach caught Cammie during a Cover Ops mission. Ah! I swear Cameron forgot one of the most important rules of being spy, which everyone knows because of all the spy movies out there. Trust no one! That includes really hot guys, who might or might not be flirting with you. Never, ever give away your mission to hot guys.

Guys get too cocky when it comes to…well anything. They might think they have the upper hand, but ha they are wrong. We girls have our ways as well. This Zach guy may be a toughy but I knew Cammie could handle it. She might have made a few mistakes, like a bra accident, but she takes control a few times as well.

So even though there weren’t any good Josh moments, there were some awesome Zach moments. I got my romance thrills.

As for the mystery, Ally Carter does surprise you a lot in this book. I guessed a few things, but was still glad to have surprises that made go OMG so many times.
The sixth book in Gallagher Girls series won't be out until 2013. The third book in the Heist Society, titled Perfect Scoundrels, will be out February 5, 2013. Check out it's Goodreads page for the awesome cover! 

No comments:

Post a Comment