Saturday, July 14, 2012

Gabrielle's Review on A Want So Wicked

A Want So Wicked
Author: Suzanne Young (@suzanne_young)
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Release Date: June 26, 2012
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 288
Source: Bought
Rating: Escapable
Series: A Need So Beautiful #2
The Other Books: A Need So Beautiful
Challenge: None
Extras: Facebook
Seek: Amazon, Goodreads
Elise is a normal seventeen-year-old girl until the day she wakes up in a desert park, with no idea who she is.

After that episode, her life takes a bizarre turn. She’s experiencing unexpected flashes of insight into people’s lives—people she’s never met before. Strangers frighten her with warnings about the approaching Shadows. And although Elise has never had a boyfriend, she suddenly finds herself torn between two handsome but very different young men: Abe, the charming bad boy whose effect on her both seduces and frightens her, and the mysterious Harlin, who’s new to town but with whom Elise feels an urgent, elemental connection—almost as if they are soul mates.

Now Elise begins to question everything about her life. Why do these guys both want her so desperately? What are the Shadows? Why does the name Charlotte inspire a terrifying familiarity? And who is Elise, really?
Love the covers for this series. The first cover you could see the gold skin underneath her human skin. On this cover, I can kind of see this dark smoke taken over her. I think it represents the Shadows.
I don’t recognize the face staring back at me. The girl in the reflection has blond hair and wears a plaid schoolgirl outfit, nothing like the white tank top and cutoffs I have on now. I hold up a handful of my hair, studying the deep brown waves as the reflection mimics my movement with her blond hair. I meet her eyes once again, trying not to panic. But as I watch, the girl slowly changes—her skin beginning to glisten, shine. Brighten.
Okay, I thought the first book was breath-taking and heartbreaking, but this one is all of that and more. I had mixed feelings about the first book, but this one I absolutely love.

Now, I kind of didn’t want to get all spoilery for you guys, because it’s one of those books you have to read to know the feelings that I went through while reading. It is a like an event where you had to be there to know what I’m talking about. If you didn’t read A Need So Beautiful, you should really read it before looking at this review.

Same character. Different name. Hmm. However, it felt like I was meeting a whole new character but I knew things that she had to figure out. I did not expect that, but it is definitely very different from anything I have ever read. I think what I love about this book, is I knew what was going on before the main character.

When Harlin came into the picture, I did squeal a little. It did take awhile for Elise to get close to him, but I think I read like super fast until she did. With Abe, he scared me a little from the beginning. I first thought he was a player, then a stalker, and well, I can’t really say what else without ruining the story. I will say this, whenever Elise was with him, my heart would race and not in a good way.

Another thing I really like, understanding Onika more. Elise has these visions of when Onika decided to go with the Shadows and what happened when she did. You see another side of Onika.

Also this one threw a curveball at me. Lucy, Elise’s sister, is going through some stuff. At first, I wasn’t at all curious about her. As the story continues, I started to get some suspicions about her.

Ah, the ending!! I was afraid of what was going to happen because I don’t see any news of there being more books to this series. This makes me awfully sad because I am not ready to let go of Charlotte/Elise go just yet. I am crossing my fingers there will be another but I have a feeling I might be let down.

This book is just a whirlwind of emotions. If you love the first book or simply enjoyed it, you must continue on to this book. If you haven’t started the series, don’t wait around. This series is a must read. 
Suzanne is writing a new series. First book is titled The Program and is set to release April 30, 2013. The book is set in the future where teen suicides are happening more frequently. The main character, Sloane, is afraid of being sent to The Program. A place where they help you with depression but not in a good way. True love will keep her in control but for how long?

Looks interesting, and I might review this instead of Emilia. Love the cover!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved this book and the first as well. I think I squealed when Harlin showed up too! LOL I have my fingers crossed that we will get that 3rd book someday because I have a feeling it would be amazing! Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED this series so much!! I was lucky enough to get an ARC of this one but it almost killed me in the end... I wish the 3rd book was a set thing :) Great review.

    ReplyDelete