Monday, July 2, 2012

Recommend A... Contemporary Book

Recommend A
Recommend A...
Hosted byChick Loves Lit
How to Participate: Shanyn picks a prompt every Monday, and you search
a book that fits that prompt and would like to recommend to fellow book readers.

This week's prompt is a contemporary book. Since I only read contemporary reads, I decided to do this one. I decided to do two picks for this week. - Sarah

Anna and the French Kiss
Author: Stephanie Perkins
RD: December 2, 2010
Anna was looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. So she's less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris—until she meets √Čtienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, √Čtienne has it all . . . including a serious girlfriend. 

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss? Stephanie Perkins keeps the romantic tension crackling and the attraction high in a debut guaranteed to make toes tingle and hearts melt.
I was a little worried that a lot of people will choose this book, but couldn't help it because I am in love with this book. It was one of my favorites of all time. If you haven't read this book yet, you are missing out. This book is guaranteed to make your heart swoon. Ah, I really need to continue with the series. Can't wait to see the cover for Isla and the Happily Ever After.



My Life Next Door
Author: Huntley Fitzpatrick
RD: June 14, 2012
The Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, numerous, messy, affectionate. And every day from her balcony perch, seventeen-year-old Samantha Reed wishes she was one of them . . . until one summer evening, Jase Garrett climbs her terrace and changes everything. As the two fall fiercely in love, Jase's family makes Samantha one of their own. Then in an instant, the bottom drops out of her world and she is suddenly faced with an impossible decision. Which perfect family will save her? Or is it time she saved herself? 


A dreamy summer read, full of characters who stay with you long after the story is over.
This book was highly recommended to me from so many people. So, I am recommended it to you. It is the perfect summer read! A little big than most of my summer reads, but so good. I just fell in love with the Garretts. Huntley really draws you in with these characters.

3 comments:

  1. Anna was great! I can't wait to get My Life Next Door...I am third on the holds list. I have great reviews. Here are my recommendations http://wp.me/pzUn5-13Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I want to read My Life Next Door! I wasn't sure I was in the mood but "perfect summer read" sounds promising!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also third on our PL's hold list for My Life Next Door. Heard so many good things about it!

    ReplyDelete