Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Prophecy

We haven't done this in awhile and want to get back into it. We have been thinking about next year and what we are going read. We love checking out new authors, so the next couple of Waiting on Wednesdays will be all about 2013 debut authors.

The first book has such an awesome cover that we couldn't help but pick it!

Prophecy
Author: Ellen Oh
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 320
Series: The Dragon King Chronicles
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: January 2, 2013
Seek: Goodreads
The greatest warrior in all of the Seven Kingdoms... is a girl with yellow eyes.

Kira’s the only female in the king’s army, and the prince’s bodyguard. She’s a demon slayer and an outcast, hated by nearly everyone in her home city of Hansong. And, she’s their only hope...

Murdered kings and discovered traitors point to a demon invasion, sending Kira on the run with the young prince. He may be the savior predicted in the Dragon King Prophecy, but the missing treasure of myth may be the true key. With only the guidance of the cryptic prophecy, Kira must battle demon soldiers, evil shaman, and the Demon Lord himself to find what was once lost and raise a prince into a king.

Intrigue and mystery, ancient lore and action-packed fantasy come together in this heart-stopping first book in a trilogy.
Sounds like an awesome fantasy adventure story. A girl killing demon soldiers and face off with the Demon Lord. This is going to be an action packed novel!

14 comments:

  1. This one looks amazing! I am a MASSIVE fan of fantasy and also a massive fan of anything with a bit of Eastern culture influence! Cannot wait to read this!

    Here's what i'm waiting on

    and check out my awesome YA giveaway Here

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really interesting!
    Here's mine. :)
    Have a great day!
    P.S New follower of NB and Linky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent pick! I’ll definitely be adding this to my ever growing TBR pile and so checking it out as soon as it's released – thank you for sharing! :)

    Here’s mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-34.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. DEMONS! I *will* be reading this ASAP. It sounds like something I would LOVE!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds great! I need to add it to my list!

    MY WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds pretty good! :D Great pick!
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome pick! I can't wait to read it!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the second time I have seen this book and it looks amazing. I am always on the look for great fantasy books! New Follower (NB)! Check out my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. What I wouldn't give to get a copy of Prophecy now! It sounds awesome. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The first line is more than enough to make me fall in love with this book. I can't wait. Great pick!

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-20-fairest-beauty.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I have this one on my to-read list as well and I'll dying to read it. I can't wait for the book to come out. Great pick.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete