Monday, September 24, 2012

Gabrielle's Review on Silver

Silver
Author: Talia Vance (@TaliaVance)
Publisher: Flux
Release Date: September 8, 2012
Format: E-Galley
Pages: 384
Source: Netgalley
Rating: Reachable
Series: Bandia #1
The Other Books: Gold
Challenge: Debut Reads of 2012
Extras:
Seek: Amazon, Goodreads
Brianna has always felt invisible. People stare right past her, including the one boy she can't resist, Blake Williams. But everything changes at a house party where Brianna's charm bracelet slips off and time stands still. In that one frozen, silver moment, Blake not only sees her, he recognizes something deep inside her she's been hiding even from herself.

Discovering she is descended from Danu, the legendary Bandia of Celtic myth, Brianna finds herself questioning the truth of who she is. And when she accidentally binds her soul to Blake, their mutual attraction becomes undeniable.

But Blake has his own secret, one that could prove deadly for them both.

Bound together by forbidden magic, Brianna and Blake find themselves at the heart of an ancient feud that threatens to destroy their lives and their love.
I love the cover, because it was what brought me to the story. The girl is wearing a bracelet just like Brianna. I'm not sure where she is but it's really beautiful.
In the silvery light, I see his face above mine, his green eyes ablaze, a half smile on his lips meant only for me. “Mine,” he says softly.

Then he kisses me again, and for a second everything is black, so dark that I wonder if my eyes are closed again. A small sliver of light grows in the center of the darkness, moving just over us. The silver ribbon grows brighter, meeting the dark until the beach is a swirling mass of shadow and starlight.

Darkness and light together. Souls fused and melded. Forever bound.
This book was driving me insane. Sometimes I would hate the book (mostly in the beginning) and other times, I would love it (make out scenes, hello!). I think the reason I hated it was because I didn’t know anything. We get pulled many different ways because you know a character knows something but they aren’t saying anything to the main character, which is us, and it gets frustrating.

There were so many times that I wanted to throw this book across the room and never look at it again. But it was an e-galley, so instead I would just close my computer, all frustrated.

The book was addicting though. I could not stop thinking about everything that happened to the main character, Brianna. Then, I kept thinking about Blake and Austin. Then, there were her friends that were making bad decisions. Then, there was the mystery power that Brianna has and everything that happens around her. My mind was wrapped around this world and I couldn’t unwind myself from it.

Maybe it’s because I am a sucker for a forbidden romance. After some secrets are finally revealed, the romance gets so much better. Even if Blake and Brianna will have to kill the other one, they still have this romance that’s bursting with emotions. How complicated is that romance? At first, they seem to hate each other but you knew, deep inside, that these two are meant for each other.

As for the fantasy, I am still curious about a lot of things. I love the idea how Brianna was hidden. She wears this bracelet, that protects who she really is, and when it comes off, everyone notices her. In a good way, most of the time, however it could also be dangerous.

Finally, the danger. This forbidden love between Brianna and Blake is exciting to read because of the danger. Brianna is a bandia, a demi-god, and has gifts that need to be controlled. She has beauty and power. Blake hunts her type. He was taught that it was either kill or be killed. So, when they bond, Blake tries to stay away from Brianna because he can’t kill her since they now have a connection. Brianna doesn’t want to kill him either, even though she knows that sooner or later, she might be killed by him.

It is so complicated and maddening, but yet, so, so hard to stay away from. When the book finally concludes, I know it’s not enough. I need more. I can’t wait to continue into the next book Gold.
Gold is the next book in the Bandia series. However, Talia Vance has another book coming out before Gold. Spies and Prejudice will be coming out June 2013. Information down below.

Berry Fields is not looking for a boyfriend. She's busy trailing cheaters and liars in her job as a private investigator, collecting evidence of the affairs she's sure all men commit. And thanks to a pepper spray incident during an eighth grade game of spin the bottle, the guys at her school are not exactly lining up to date her, either.

So when arrogant—and gorgeous—Tanner Halston rolls into town and calls her "nothing amazing," it's no loss for Berry. She'll forget him in no time. She's more concerned with the questions surfacing about her mother's death.

But why does Tanner seem to pop up everywhere in her investigation, always getting in her way? Is he trying to stop her from discovering the truth, or protecting her from an unknown threat? And why can't Berry remember to hate him when he looks into her eyes?

With a playful nod to Jane Austen, Spies and Prejudice will captivate readers as love and espionage collide.

No comments:

Post a Comment