Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: 12 Series We Haven't Finished

Top Ten Tuesdays is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. You can find the list of past and upcoming Top Ten Tuesdays, HERE.

This week, you need to list series that you haven't finished because you either didn't like them or procrastination. You might be a little surprised on what series we haven't finished, because there are a lot of popular ones down there.
Study Trilogy by Maria V. Snyder
I don't know how many people have told me that this was an amazing series and I should read the books. Yet, they have been sitting on my shelf for years. I read a little bit of Poison Study last year, but I got into another book, and forgot all about Poison Study. Someday, I will get into this series.

The Steampunk Chronicles by Kady Cross

I read The Girl in the Steel Corset last year and fell in love with it. I have been wanting to read The Girl in the Clockwork Collar forever. I have it but never find the time to actually read it. 
Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowling
I kept re-reading the Harry Potter series over and over again. When I get to the final book, I just don't finish it. I read a couple of chapters and then stop. One day, I will finish that book.

The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini

I also read Eragon and dragons in this series were fantastic. I couldn't get over everything that happened to Eragon, Brom, and Saphira. I got Eldest for Christmas one year and never sat down and read it. I have been trying for years and still can't do it. Big Procrastinator. 
The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
I have not completed the first book in the Hunger Games. I know, I know...it's the best series ever. I am afraid to read it because I am afraid of being disappointed. I still haven't watch the movie either because I waiting to read the book. I even bought the Hunger Games on Blu-ray because I keep hoping that I will finish the book soon.

Matched Trilogy by Ally Condie

I read Matched and couldn't get into it. I might try it again once the last book is out. The story seemed kind of boring but I am willing to try.
Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
I have not finish the first book in this series and been wanting to. I love guy's point of views. Ethan and Lena are one of my favorite couples! Hopefully, I can finish it before the movie comes out.

House of Night Series by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast

I read Marked and it was an okay book. Then, I saw how many books were in this series. Yup, that scared me away from the series. I do want to read the series but only when the final book comes out.
Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
I love the first book in this series! Except, I read it like a really long time ago. I think it's do for a re-read here soon.

The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
Yes, I did read this book after the two movies came out. After I read it, I noticed a LOT of differences between the movie and the book. Man, did Disney make the book into a kid's movie!? I love the book more then the movie though. I just never continued on with the series.
The Morganville Vampires Series by Rachel Caine
Like Gaby with the House of Night series, I have been scared away from this series because there are like 15 books in it! I have 1-7 in the series on my shelf but I just waiting to collect the whole series before getting into them.

Shiver Trilogy by Maggie Stiefvater
I picked up this book one day at Wal-Mart because of the cover. Then, I started reading it. It was a completely different writing style then I was used to. So, I quit on the series. I do want to read The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater, though. That one looks more interesting to me.

1 comment:

  1. There are a few of these on my list too! I understand the worry about being disappointed in a highly anticipated book but Danny HAS to finish Harry Potter! I used to reread it over and over when it was first released because I was in denial it was over. LOL

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete