Saturday, November 24, 2012

Emilia's Review on Silence

Silence
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick (@becfitzpatrick)
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Release Date: October 4, 2011
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 448
Source: Bought
Rating: Escapable
Series: Hush, Hush #3
The Other Books: Hush, Hush, Crescendo, Finale
Extras: Trailer, Series Website
Seek: Amazon, Goodreads
WHEN SILENCE IS ALL THAT'S LEFT, CAN THE TRUTH FINALLY BE HEARD?

Nora Grey can't remember the past five months of her life. After the initial shock of waking up in a cemetery and being told that she has been missing for weeks - with no one knowing where she was or who she was with - she tried to get her life back on track. Go to school, hang out with her best friend, Vee, and dodge mom's creepy new boyfriend.

But there is this voice in the back of her head, an idea that she can almost reach out and touch. Visions of angel wings and unearthly creatures that have nothing to do with the life she knows.

And this unshakable feeling that a part of her is missing.

Then Nora crosses paths with a sexy stranger, whom she feels a mesmerizing connection to. He seems to hold all the answers...and her heart. Every minute she spends with him grows more and more intense until she realizes she could be falling in love. Again.
I like how the covers, for the entire series, doesn't change too much. This one however, I am a little disappointed. Patch doesn't have his wings in this book. For once, I just want to see his black upside-down V scars. Those scars keep popping up in the story, so I keep hoping we get to see them. Also, if Nora was passed out, wouldn't her head be...I don't know... dangling? In this photo, it looks like the model is straining herself to keep her head up. Not pretty.
He steepled his fingers over his mouth. All the while, his eyes never wavered from my face. "I'm hoping to keep you alive."

My mind lagged, unable to understand enough of the dream to read a deeper message. The only thought pounding through me was, I found him. After all this time, I found Patch. And instead of of matching my excitement, the only feeling he harbors is . . . cold detachment.
I have had a love/hate relationship with the Hush, Hush Saga. I fell in love with Hush, Hush. I hated the beginning of Crescendo, but was very intrigued by the ending. I was going to pick up Silence right away, but I was afraid to. It was a good thing I waited because I don’t think I would have like Silence as much as I do, if I read it right after Crescendo. Nora just gets on my nerves sometimes.

I am not the only one that has some mixed feelings about this series. Just let me say this though. If you like paranormal romance or just angels, then this is a series to check out. I just want to finish the series, to have it forever checked off my to-be-read pile, so I never have to pick them up again. However if there’s going to be movie, then I might read them again.

Beware, there are a couple of spoilers up ahead.

Okay, so after the major cliff-hanger ending of Crescendo, we get thrown into a very weird plot-line. Nora doesn’t have a clue on what happened to her in the last two books, but we do. Yeah, so pretty much, we know who’s who, why some people are stronger, and faster, then normal humans, and why she gets a chill around Hank Millar. And the worst part….Patch is the caused of all this.

Patch, trying to be a hero, but with a girl like Nora, who never gives up on trying to kill herself, his heroic plans never work. This girl just loves getting herself almost-killed. Anyways, Patch gives himself up to save Nora. He will help Hank Millar by giving him information from fallen angels, if he promises to let Nora live. Hank agrees but not the way Patch wants. Hank kidnaps Nora, until he gets enough from Patch.

Nora is released from captivity three months after disappearing. However, she doesn’t remember anything since April. It’s now September. She's missing five months of memories, but she was only gone for three. Nora doesn’t know what happened to her memory, but she wants it back. She will put herself in danger multiple times, just to get it back. Some of the things she does are kind of outrageous. I mean who goes to a graveyard after hours, in the dark, alone! Also, who goes to empty warehouses…again, alone! It’s ridiculous.

Becca does ever keep you interested in the story. I kept hoping Nora will get memories back, especially the ones of Patch. And I kept hoping she finally figures out everything. Still we get more information on fallen angels, nephilims, and even archangels. 

That’s all I can really say without ruining the whole story. A couple of things though. Scott is back! I don’t know why I like him, but he does make the story interesting. Also, Patch is going by Jev now and he’s still mysteriously hot.

Of course, I can’t end the series here. I am going to continue on with Finale, because I need to see what happens on Cheshvan. I am hoping for something epic.
I just notice something. In this series, the covers I disliked are the ones I enjoyed the most. The covers I liked, for instance Crescendo, I didn't like the story. I really hope this isn't true about Finale, because I am really liking the cover. Even though, it still doesn't show Patch's back. 

Finale is the final book in the Hush, Hush Saga. It's already been released and I am picking it up asap! I need to finish this series already.

9 comments:

  1. I just bought these books, looking forward to starting to read them eventually. The first book I've already read, borrowed it from the library. I just love the first book:) Like your review, great:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's genuinely very difficult in this active life to listen news on Television, therefore I simply use web for that reason, and get the newest information.

    Feel free to visit my homepage http://www.futuregov.asia/articles/2012/Nov/22/philippines-launches-twitter-account-save-homeless
    Also see my web site - quantrim reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy what you guys are up too. Such clever work
    and exposure! Keep up the good works guys I've you guys to my personal blogroll.

    Take a look at my website Bankruptcy In Florida

    ReplyDelete
  4. Juicers are used on a daily basis, and if it isn't quick and easy to use then it will have little value in your life. Along with the optimistic feedback individuals have also noted some difficulties. With this type of machine, you can make almost all fruits and veggies into healthful, delicious juices.

    my web blog; http://club.lionking.org/access.shtml

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thе ԁatа іs neaгly worthless, whiсh means the оutcome makes the least bit οf ѕenѕе.


    Here iѕ my wеb site ... http://cheappersonalloans.me.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heya i аm fοг thе fігst time here.
    Ι came aсroѕѕ thiѕ bοаrd аnd I tο
    fіnԁ Іt rеally usеful & іt helped mе out muсh.
    Ӏ hope to prеsent something bаck and аiԁ otheгs like you aided me.


    mу website; linked web-site

    ReplyDelete
  7. Onе droopy boob saіd to the other ԁroοpy boob:
    'If we don't get аny support sоon, pеοple will
    think we're nuts."

    my webpage ... get cash fast

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely believe that which you stated. Your favorite reason seemed to be
    on the net the simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get irked while people
    consider worries that they plainly do not know about.
    You managed to hit the nail upon the top and defined out the whole thing without having side-effects
    , people can take a signal. Will likely be back to get more.
    Thanks

    Feel free to surf to my site ... quantrim pills

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blogging is the new poetry. I find it wonderful and amazing in many ways.

    ReplyDelete